Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

Feel like there's more to it than just getting subbed off. If not, it's staggeringly immature and disgraceful un-Richmond-like behaviour and one we should not tolerate.

Hopefully everything in the kid's life is ok

Reactions: 1 user
Spend the rest of the year in the VFL playing midfield.
Let’s see if there’s anything worth persevering with on ball because he’s not skilful enough to play small forward.

Reactions: 7 users
i'm not one to bag our players, but the attitude on the bench was not cool at all

particularly after doing next to zero all game

give someone else a go

Reactions: 2 users
I feel for him as it’s painful when you pour your heart and soul into something and you’re not quite good enough.

His foot skills are not there, and he often mistimes tackles when he uses his speed to get to opponents.

AFL is above his level.

Reactions: 4 users
Pickett was consoling him. Maybe he was told this would be his last chance to find form. If so can understand the disappointment but he just doesn't have AFL quality disposal skills. I'd argue whether it's VFL quality.
He's only 20yo, so has a long way to go to build skill. I reckon he can make it. To me, just looks mis-directed and unsure on what position he'd be best at.

Reactions: 8 users
Geez I've been a supporter of this bloke, but showing disrespect towards Ivvy Maric is NEVER OK.

Enjoy the VFL.

20 year old kid struggling for form after succumbing to an untimely injury early in the year. showed enough in previous seasons to say he's got something
Also we don't know Full context of the sooking. Agree looks terrible
Add comments to mine here about your maturity at 20.
Go...

I feel for him as it’s painful when you pour your heart and soul into something and you’re not quite good enough.

His foot skills are not there, and he often mistimes tackles when he uses his speed to get to opponents.

AFL is above his level.

Very limited

I was surprised he held his spot with Mansell back. I think he needs to go back to the VFL, get super fit and play on the ball.

The first thing to go during a game under fatigue is skill execution and decision making.

The kid aint fit enough and thus when he blurts he cant execute .

Hios skills were better previous seasons he's just never looked to be in the right condition this year.

Needs to go back to the VFL and play on ball every game to get his fitness up and his confidence back.

I noticed a play in the last quarter where he chased a WC player who passed forward and then had to chase that player where he was closer to get him than any other defender. My point, he probably thought he puts in more effort to chase than most and yet gets dragged.

Reactions: 1 users
i'm not one to bag our players, but the attitude on the bench was not cool at all

particularly after doing next to zero all game

give someone else a go
Yeh it was hard to understand. Hope he is OK.

He is not taking his opportunities, reality is he was lucky to be playing today. And maybe the last few games.

The first thing to go during a game under fatigue is skill execution and decision making.

The kid aint fit enough and thus when he blurts he cant execute .

Hios skills were better previous seasons he's just never looked to be in the right condition this year.

Needs to go back to the VFL and play on ball every game to get his fitness up and his confidence back.
That missed shot in the third quarter. You shouldn't opt to run wide and snap when you can run straight at the goals and slot it straight through. That's not fatigue, it's a basic skill execution.

And he's not the only one who opts for that approach, and regularly misses.

Reactions: 4 users
That missed shot in the third quarter. You shouldn't opt to run wide and Snape when you can run straight at the goals and slot it straight through. That's not fatigue, it's a basic skill execution.

And he's not the only one who opts for that approach, and regularly misses.
Didnt see it.

Im talking about in general play and that goes for all players.

said it before play him in the back pocket in the 2's. Someone to lead him to the ball where he does not have to think about positioning. Has a burst (not speed) and can tackle but would be a disaster in the centre - I want the seconds to continue to win. May i not speak about Dow n the centre!!!!!!!!!!!!!