Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

What petulant disrespect by Maurice not to take the phone to talk to coach after being subbed. Back to reserves for rest of year. Getting too big for his boots. Needs tough love and be away from his ‘bros’ - who have actually achieved something

Reactions: 4 users
I hate to join the darksiders but just don't see it with Maurice. He's quick without the ball, but its like catch up mode on Mario Kart has been activated when he has it. Just can't afford to miss simple snaps when he's on his own which he does too often.

He can keep developing in the VFL. Mansell back in for me.

Interesting to see what the situation is and how Dimma would've handled this compared to Mini.

Cracked the s hits when subbed off
WTF does he expect can’t hit a target Didnt lay a tackle Couldn't get away with the perceived defensive pressure bull and once again missed a gettable goal
To the VFL till he gets some form and earns a spot

How he ever got a game for the past 2 weeks after his pathetic effort against Brisbane in the VFL is mind boggling
Not good for the guys who bust their backsides in the VFL if he gets gifted games . The issue with the phone in the last quarter extremely ordinary.
he was the trailing behind his opponent for the entire game when we haven’t got the ball when the opposition are going forward
Suggest you all watch the replay tonight
Disgraceful effort!
You can’t rely on getting cheap possessions over the top when the opposition turn the ball over
Seen enough !!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Did he sing the song? Had his head down. If you wanna leave Mozza, the door's open....

Reactions: 2 users
Had high hopes a couple of years ago. Forget about the phone thing. His biggest problem is he can’t execute anything by foot. Nothing. Not even the most simplest of kicks and finishes. Zip. Been going on for a long time now.

Reactions: 8 users
6 disposals, 0 tackles, 2 goals all season.

Its very hard to see the MC's reasoning on MRJ this year

Im glad we gave him a crack on the list,

but lets not drag this out

Reactions: 3 users
We all want the fairytale; the great Maurice Rioli's son also becoming a Richmond star. It looks extremely unlikely; his regression this year has been highly noticeable.

He's lucky he's got the surname. Looks like he just doesn't have it.

Reactions: 6 users
Did he sing the song? Had his head down. If you wanna leave Mozza, the door's open....
Pickett was consoling him. Maybe he was told this would be his last chance to find form. If so can understand the disappointment but he just doesn't have AFL quality disposal skills. I'd argue whether it's VFL quality.

Reactions: 2 users