Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

Gone backwards a bit. Seemed to be learning how to get his own ball but its back to square one. Not gonna make it if he cant.

My view, needs to be less one dimensional. Maybe too late for this year but would like to see him work on being in midfield - taught to hunt the ball, quicker decision making. This can be in VFL and worked on preseason - I think he can be more than just a permanent forward - we should find out.
Yes, I agree.

Coulthard is looking promising, and small forward might be Juddy Clarke's best position too. An extended go in the midfield in the VFL is not a bad idea for Junior.

Reactions: 3 users
Watching the VFL with one of PREs finest track watchers caesar :cool: , first goal kicked was Cumberland front and square , classic small forward reading of the ball , there bread and butter , Cumberland is actually underrated in this area I believe, gets to the right spots so often , exactly why he’s kicked goals…….and behinds , thing is with MJ I forget his playing as he simply dosent get where he needs to be , classic was the shot he missed in the first quarter the other night , he was been lead to the ball by his opponent, he just got a lucky bounce out the back.

One things for sure , he’ll be at Punt rd next year , so we have to continue to work with and ad to his strengths of speed and tacking , I highly doubt he makes the grade

Moju very much an almost Georgie player at the moment, works his arse off trying to get position, lay a tackle, kick a sausage or pass one off and virtually every time. It's an almost.
Not sure if Moju can find that little % of composure / skill / luck that's needed to elevate from nearly almost to achiever but we won't find out for certain until he's had at least another season of footy development under the belt, both at magoos and senior level.

Even Shai, as sublimely talented a player right from day one as you could find had a very flaky and inconsistent start to his career. Moju definitely isn't a Shai pure talent wise but there's something about his efforts that with a bit of polishing n smoothing might just make him a dangerous small forward.

Reactions: 4 users
Rioli clocked in a game as Richmond's fastest player on the ground this year at 34.1km/hr.

• Wow
interesting stat as I remember Graham going close to 35ks a couple of years back , but his slow :cool:
Rohan clocked at 37.8. Only 10 players clocked 35 or higher.

Jason Castagna 35.46km/h
Liam Baker 34.74
Kamdyn McIntosh 34.13
Marlion Pickett 34.09
Riley Collier-Dawkins 33.98

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks tl

Geez that’s quick isn’t it 37 wow, just googled Bolts speed , average is 37 , top speed 44

Always said RCD was quicker then we thought. Georgie was one of the most ballistic players going around

Defintly came up on the TV that Graham had clocked 34 something

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks tl

Geez that’s quick isn’t it 37 wow, just googled Bolts speed , average is 37 , top speed 44

Always said RCD was quicker then we thought. Georgie was one of the most ballistic players going around

Defintly came up on the TV that Graham had clocked 34 something
That was after Hawkins shoved him.

• Haha
MJ also missed a couple of passes. Marlion managed to get the goal anyway, but in the last seconds of the match MJ did a simple pass to Dion 25 metres away and it dribbled out of bounds. Thankfully it wasn't still a 1 pt game with a minute to go.

Rohan clocked at 37.8. Only 10 players clocked 35 or higher.

Jason Castagna 35.46km/h
Liam Baker 34.74
Kamdyn McIntosh 34.13
Marlion Pickett 34.09
Riley Collier-Dawkins 33.98
Matt White used to top out over 40, when he ran to the bench.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Moju's confidence will not benefit from going back to the ressies every second week.

Leave him in and give him some help.

He only needs one good game and I'd be giving him the next two against cellar dwellars to get his confidence back.

If he fails in those games then its back to the VFL to play on ball and get him some form back.

I’m all the way with Mj
He’s still only a kid
The genes are AAA+

When his old man came to the Tiges he was already a seasoned professional. Even boxed the ears off Mark “Jacko” J at South Freo and was untouchable with the ball in hand.

Still does plenty wrong but when it clicks(like that smother late in Thurs night’s game) you know there’s much better days ahead.

Reactions: 7 users
let it click in the vfl first
Honestly, we were diabolical with our lack of F50 pressure, speed and tackling in the Lions game. This kid comes in and straight away, there is at least some semblance of F50 pressure/ball retention, and some want him dropped? He needs to play his role in our forward half as we have no one else at the moment, maybe Coulthard, who has similar speed and willingness to chase hard and tackle. I’d play both myself, as we haven’t had that set up since Butler and George left and Dan was moved back.
If those wanting to drop MJR get their wish, who brings the heat in our F50? Cumberland lololol, or the undersized Judson Clarke Nope, we need to keep MJR in the side imo unless someone else on the list proves they can bring the heat.

• Dislike