Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

evo said:
Looks like a NT player who's been on the turtle.

Give him another game nevertheless.

the #36 jumper hasn't been stretched that much since Stuart Wigney

A couple of times I turned to my companion and remarked: "Ooh, that was a bit Sheds-like".

I actually thought he was just starting to get into the game and showing something when he was taken off

Sintiger said:
I actually thought he was just starting to get into the game and showing something when he was taken off
Thats what I thought too. Began to pick up the pace of the game. Highlights the need for players to get a stretch of games to adapt to the pace ala Lambert.

Thought he was just ok, he didn't work hard enough we the Saints had the ball, probably didn't have the tank to.

Hope he gets another go against Freo.

tigerman said:
Thought he was just ok, he didn't work hard enough we the Saints had the ball, probably didn't have the tank to.

Hope he gets another go against Freo.

might be the reason why he was left in the 2s for so long.

Showed some great defensive ability and courage when he spoilt a certain N Riewoldt mark. Was one of my highlights for the game

Hope people stop asking for him to be played now, happy to be proven wrong but just appears to be out of his depth

I think he has something. Pity about the missed goal. Persevere

Pretty sure it was MnM a few years ago mentioned how hard it was for players to adjust to the much higher speed, pressure n tempo of AFL footy after spending a long period in the magoos.
Madonna looked n played like he was a half yard off the tempo at times n no surprise really, would be happy enough to see him get a handful of games in a row, just so he knows he's got a bit of time n space to adjust up to his best potential. At the bottom end of the twenty two to take the field n I've seen worse games by fringe players.
He did manage a bit of midfield clearance work n I reckon he got torched by Jaaack once when he could have run onto a loose ball in the forward line n just flowed in for a shot, where Jaaack charged out from goal n then had to loop around n drive the ball to a target. Have to watch the replay tomorrow n get a better look.

spook said:
A couple of times I turned to my companion and remarked: "Ooh, that was a bit Sheds-like".

Check your DVD, think you were watching a game replay...........

DLR said:
Check your DVD, think you were watching a game replay...........

He was referring to the old ShAnk, DLR. He didn't mean it as a compliment but I recon it was. ;D

spook said:

Yeah, I'm still seeing enough to suggest a future is there. Must finish off others work. That snap should be his bread and butter.

Has courage, has smarts, has a great shoe. Enough to work with. Should get picked in front of Newman for the rest of the year.

antman said:
I kept telling y'all he's a porker!!!

546px-Porky_Pig.svg.png

Too late in the season with too much to play for. How's not the time to givesyoungsters a run of games for their own development.

can only say what i notice-and what i notice is he is a little bit slow when the pill is in hand and at ground level.