Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

Struggled with the pace. That will come, just needs more game time. He might not make it but need to persevere to find out.

Hope the Mc Donut fan club hangs up the hat never has looked like a AFL player

not sold on this kid either, needs a couple of games but with the next 3 games coming up jeez

He's up against it I reckon.

Anyone playing as a high half forward/ mid without elite speed needs an elite tank. Mc Donough plainly doesn't have one.

On more than one occasion I saw him being out ran through the middle of the ground. He was unable to work back defensively then move forward to dangerous positions.

It seems like it was a glimpse as to why others have been preferred.

UKTiger said:
Still not AFL standard. Can't see himplaying next week. Probably Knights will replace him

Not yet he will likely be another 2 weeks away i reckon they are trying to manage some serious miles into him first.

There's been a few who have justified their criticism of Hardwick by repeatedly citing McDonough's non-selection....

We haven't been missing much.

He's on the veritable cusp now in his career. Needs to take the next step and show what worth his has on offer to the team. But the next few weeks against some good sides means that there can be no passengers, so wouldn't be surprised if he gets the chop again.

I can see C elliis coming in once fit again - much better option I reckon - and with Conca now playing VFL, Edwards back once over his injury and Knights taking small steps back - I think McDonough, who was allowed to start on the ground didn't take his chances today - whereas both Lennon and Lambet showed that they belong - even Newman played a better game than McDonough in my view

Looks like a NT player who's been on the turtle.

Give him another game nevertheless.

Didn't notice him for much of the game. Did a couple of good things but didn't really take his chance. I reckon he plays next week if Ballantyne isn't fit, otherwise they will bring Morris in to play 5m off Ballantyne like normal.

thought he might have offered a bit more today. should've had a goal.

craig said:
Not yet he will likely be another 2 weeks away i reckon they are trying to manage some serious miles into him first.

Only 2nd game this season. Let's give him more time.

TigerForce said:
Only 2nd game this season. Let's give him more time.

Agree. Deserves another chance and reckon long term he is a better prospect than Lambert and Gordon

Give the kid chance he can play just not been an honest chance ie run of games. Why in the hell was he subbed instead of Newman it was perfect opportunity to give match time. Likewise why wait so long to sub Gordon? 52 points up and you wait until after start of last qtr to bring im on all because to gutless to sub Newman