Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

tigerman said:
23 disposals, with 11 tackles are good numbers.
He is getting a bit of the ball, but just as importantly is working hard when he hasn't got it. He gas to be rewarded.

Dont forget he also had 4 set shots on goal for 1.2.

WesternTiger said:
Dont forget he also had 4 set shots on goal for 1.2.

clearly needs to work on his goal kicking. i dont think Morris has ever missed 3 shots in one game, nor is he ever likely to at AFL level.

Conditions did not favour goal kicking, although the misses were from places that looked pretty gettable. He was OK, I caught the game on TV and he is certainly thereabouts.

Brodders17 said:
clearly needs to work on his goal kicking. i dont think Morris has ever missed 3 shots in one game, nor is he ever likely to at AFL level.

:hihi
One day he might surprise.

Brodders17 said:
has he ever had 3 shots in a game? ;)

Jonesracing82 said:
has he ever had 3 shots in a game? ;)

Closest he got to trhree shots was having four Tequila Slammers at half time?
Which may also explain:

Physical signs of alcohol overconsumption and intoxication are recognizable by most adults:

Slurred or incoherent speech
Poor balance and clumsiness
Delayed reflexes
Stomach pains, vomiting or nausea
Loss of consciousness or blacking-out
Redness of the face during or after periods of consumption

Yet again failed to make the most of his chance. Good vfl player. I don't understand the hype and outcry when he's not selected.

Would like to see him again so he can get used to the pace of the game.
Reckon he can be a player

tiger_25 said:
Yet again failed to make the most of his chance. Good vfl player. I don't understand the hype and outcry when he's not selected.

It's more a matter of giving the next tier a chance when some perennial failures continue to fail.

Lennon made the most of his chance. It will be hard to drop him. Madonna on the other hand...

Didn't show enough for mine, seems too slow in decision making but perhaps if he was given a few games he could adjust to the pace. With Dea and possibly Knights thereabouts, and with McBean playing well and Griff possibly ready to come back will be interesting what Dimma does next week at the selection table. I'd keep McDonough over Gordon and Newman but with history as a guide it probably won't happen.

Put him back in the magoos for the next 2 games then give him some more experience

He's a tease, does some things that are good, but just can't make the necessary break through. Be lucky to hold his spot, although I would like to see him get a block of games.