Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

antman said:
Here's where you said it.

Sorry I still don't see where that says McDonough is a spud. More like if ex spuds get picked up by opposition clubs then McDonough has a greater chance and greater currency than those players. As I said in my original statement in context, if McDonough doesn't get further opportunity this year then, based on his consistent VFL form and young age and reasonable performance in past AFL games, that there is a high chance he will be picked up by an opposition club.

don't fart in an elevator. that's all I'll say.

Mctosh

been around as long if not similar years on the list picked before Donuts,

Nathan Drummond
Dan Butler
Corey Ellis
Menadue

All kids who are picked before Donuts, that sorted rules out its only old spuds that are "super Coach's" favorites

Gordon
Lloyd

Depth players getting a game before Donuts

Lambert
Newman
Morris

All not best 22 players getting games before Donuts

Upgrading
Thomas

Most likely will get a game before Donuts

Sorta rules out the Photo's argument. Unless all 11 of those players have photo's. Hasnt looked up to it on every occasion he has been called up!

Tigers of Old said:
If he can't get a senior game currently I will be staggered if he is on our list next season.

walking or pushed?

Tigers of Old said:
If he can't get a senior game currently I will be staggered if he is on our list next season.

The upgrading of Thomas would suggest that will be the case. He hasn't had too many chances and hasn't done a lot wrong when given the odd game.
There has to be something to it as first year players Ellis and Menadue have been preferred to him.

he's refusing to do something.

he knows better than the coach.

he's going back to Adelaide.

he's a good, polished player without enough elite traits.

or all of the above?

FWIW I rate him, just think he's fat.

Tigers of Old said:
I'm usually pretty staggered when you actually discuss footy rather than have cheap snips at posters mld.

mld is an astute poster I reckon, I agree he needs to allow others to vent.

mld said:
We all vent in our own way.

fair enough mate, but it doesn't seem a productive use of your analytical side ;D

Tigers of Old said:
I'm usually pretty staggered when you actually discuss footy rather than have cheap snips at posters mld.
:clap

tigerlove said:
Sorry I still don't see where that says McDonough is a spud. More like if ex spuds get picked up by opposition clubs then McDonough has a greater chance and greater currency than those players. As I said in my original statement in context, if McDonough doesn't get further opportunity this year then, based on his consistent VFL form and young age and reasonable performance in past AFL games, that there is a high chance he will be picked up by an opposition club.

OK you clearly lack a sense of humour - the way you expressed it was funny IMO.

I can't think of too many players we have delisted who've gone on to do much, particularly young players. If he walks or is released ii wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. I would wish him luck though.

Fair enough if he has had an opportunity to make it and doesn't produce then leaves or is de-listed , but has had no time to find his feet at this level.
I hope he gets a chance before he goes but it doesn't look good .

mld said:
Sparkling contribution from the sniper-in-chief.
The forum is tired of you consistently adding nothing but snipes, grow up.