Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

Brodders17 said:
im sticking with the theory he isnt fit or strong enough and needs to work harder.
best i can come up with.

You only have to watch vFL for ten minutes to know this isn't true. He has been our best and most consistent footballer all year at that level.

SCOOP said:
Yeah nah, he's done.

Maybe the most misused player of the Hardwick era.
Cant believe that after 2 and a half years he still hasnt been played in the position he was drafted in at AFL level despite strong VFL form.

ninjahaha said:
Or maybe the coach's and match committee dont think he is the player to deliver what they require to beat the swans!

Yeh true or maybe the Match Committee are a bunch of stuffin stubborn old fools

Tigers of Old said:
With a 45 possession, 5 goal game this week he may find himself on the emergency list against GWS.

Tim Clarke's report:

45 possessions and 5 goals in a game that didn't suit small forwards is the minimum we expect from Matt. If he can win 50 and kick 10 every week for the next 3 consecutive seasons, he'll be pushing hard for selection.

rhul said:
Tim Clarke's report:

45 possessions and 5 goals in a game that didn't suit small forwards is the minimum we expect from Matt. If he can win 50 and kick 10 every week for the next 3 consecutive seasons, he'll be pushing hard for selection.

:hihi

Brodders17 said:
im sticking with the theory he isnt fit or strong enough and needs to work harder.
best i can come up with.

That theory contradicts how others get selected. Lambert the latest. Maybe Dimma & co don't see any special skills in him as Lambert (& Gordon) would bring against the Swans in particular.

Who knows. I'll stick with favouritism....it's an epidemic just about everywhere.

Mystifying once again, but hardly surprising. Needs to see whether he can get copies of the compromising pictures Newman has of Dimma.

Dimma must've managed to delete the ones off Morris' phone.

That elevator fart must have been followed by a wet sound, at which point Matty McD used Dimmas trousers as toilet paper.

Sharting is never a good idea in front of the coach.

Especially when the diarrhea smells vaguely like donuts.

rhul said:
Tim Clarke's report:

can't help but think Clarke (knob) has a big say in all this. Gordon picked ahead of Matty is a slap in the face - based on form.

So... Is Mcdonough now our "great white hope who would be the catalyst for us winning every week if we would only select him" guy?

Ok, so Mcbean must have been dropped from the role.

maybe not DDT - but surely worth a run ahead of Gordon? ....based on VFL form...

artball said:
maybe not DDT - but surely worth a run ahead of Gordon? ....based on VFL form...

I'm not fortunate enough to watch VFL tigers up here, so ill assume match committee had a reason why they went with lambert instead of McDonough ( to replace Ellis).

Gordon replaces Menadue as far as I can see.

Newman takes over from Morris.

Well it took them 12 games to realise Morris was useless so I'm not surprised by this at all .
McDonough will probably go back to SA when his contract is finished i would imagine.

tiges said:
Well it took them 12 games to realise Morris was useless so I'm not surprised by this at all .
McDonough will probably go back to SA when his contract is finished i would imagine.

Like it was finished last year but extended by us?

artball said:
can't help but think Clarke (knob) has a big say in all this. Gordon picked ahead of Matty is a slap in the face - based on form.

Pretty sure Gordon will be playing Morris' role of defensive maniac.

McDonough can't play that role.

Pre - requisite for playing defensive maniac .... being devoid of any football skill and smarts .

Chimptastic said:
Pretty sure Gordon will be playing Morris' role of defensive maniac.

McDonough can't play that role.
I'd agree with that. We dropped Morris, so someone else has to be a headless chook. If we played McDonough as a small forward he may actually kick a goal.

CarnTheTiges said:
I'd agree with that. We dropped Morris, so someone else has to be a headless chook. If we played McDonough as a small forward he may actually kick a goal.

I had an exam last night, and when I walked out trying to clear my head, I thought of why Dimma would put Gordon, Newman and Lambert in over McDonough. I was beginning to wonder whether I was out of the mental capacity to process things when I stopped to consider who was dropped.

Morris's role is integral to Dimma's forwardline strategy. Someone has to play that role. McDonough couldn't, he doesn't have the endurance. Gordon has been described as a chaotic runner last year, and unpredictable by the coaching staff. Sounded exactly like Morris to me, only with the fact that Gordon does manage to find a football. The fact he handles it like a piece of soap in the prison showers is a completely different issue. It's the only role I could see Gordon play.

Lambert will come off the bench given his lack of match fitness I think, which means he's replaced Menadue.

That can only mean Newman has been promoted over McDonough. Which is a phooey decision in my eyes. It creates a double standard on what is needed to get out of the VFL. Either McDonough's papers are stamped, or he'll want to leave soon. This is pretty crappy treatment.