Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

Carter said:
This garbage never fails to amuse me. How on earth does it get "boring" for you?

Someone forcing you to read my views, Clockwork Orange style? :hihi

How can one not read your posts you have a Hardwick rant on every topic or you turn it into one. How many times can you express the same view. We understand your points but they are a little laboured.

Mappa said:
How can one not read your posts you have a Hardwick rant on every topic or you turn it into one. How many times can you express the same view. We understand your points but they are a little laboured.

I saw he posted on the global warming thread... Evidently it's all dimma's fault.

Mappa said:

Ha ha, something tells me you'll keep lapping it up my friend.

It ain't gonna stop till I'm satisfied we're flag 11 bound.

Carter said:
Ha ha, something tells me you'll keep lapping it up my friend.

It ain't gonna stop till I'm satisfied we're flag 11 bound.

Thank goodness you are here to keep the heat on Dimma, we'll owe that 11th flag to you.

Actually lets just make you the coach now and save time, you seem to know a lot about game plans

antman said:
Thank goodness you are here to keep the heat on Dimma, we'll owe that 11th flag to you.

Actually lets just make you the coach now and save time, you seem to know a lot about game plans

Dude, you've resorted to replying for the other bloke.

I enjoy our debates but have the class to move on to the next battle.

Taken from another forum but promising signs for McDonough as posted by RFC Official

"Liking what I'm seeing from Matt McDonough to date. Looks fit and trim, and is kicking a few goals in match simulation so far."

From the training clip I saw posted on our site, I could see that he has slimed down. Very positive signs. I have high hopes that he will be a new regular in our team.

Drummond,McDonough,Lloyd,Knights,Vlaustuin,Conca (until recent op) All looking like having a big pre season

Hopefully 2-3-4 can have massive years and break out, Lloyd & McDonough look very promising

Notably more depth than other years but we need to make 3 or 4 changes to the side who lost to Port if we want to push for top four i reckon

PLLLLLLLUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEERRRRRRR.

My boy is all grown up.

Must play this year.

Can play through the middle and down forward, lovely kick for goal, and reads the play well around the contest.

SCOOP said:
PLLLLLLLUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEERRRRRRR.

My boy is all grown up.

Yes, Little Plugger has lost the pud.

Harshest player dealt with on the list last year ILO.

Can play. Would actually like to see him persevered in the back half as that is where his traits are suited best but he does have the ability to play anywhere.

Leysy Days said:
Yes, Little Plugger has lost the pud.

Harshest player dealt with on the list last year ILO.

Can play. Would actually like to see him persevered in the back half as that is where his traits are suited best but he does have the ability to play anywhere.

He's a natural goal scorer, I like him foward. Apparently he has being kicking them in preseason.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
He's a natural goal scorer, I like him foward. Apparently he has being kicking them in preseason.

Agreed, I think his time in the backline was just a development thing. He's much more natural up forward, played all his junior footy there. Didn't earn the nickname Plugger for nothing.

Fear he lacks a yard of pace to play forward at his height.

Can get away with it more in the back half ILO.

Either way he has the talent to succeed.

oh no, Lady is getting Danny Myer type comments. He's doomed.

Leysy Days said:
Fear he lacks a yard of pace to play forward at his height.

Can get away with it more in the back half ILO.

Either way he has the talent to succeed.

Fair enough, we'll see. Could even end up a mid long term, he played some awesome games there in the VFL in his first year.

I don't think he's got the pace to play on a Ballantyne type player if he goes back, which is what he'd have to do to succeed there.

Has sublime instincts up forward. He'll make Lloyd and Gordon earn their spots.

Stylo said:
Fair enough, we'll see. Could even end up a mid long term, he played some awesome games there in the VFL in his first year.

Mid in time = yes.