Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

That's a Greg Miller style trade. Unless the player has told the club he really doesn't want to be there and will put himself in the PSD if he isn't traded then I'd tell them to go jump on that one. Even the *smile* trade that never went through was less insulting than this one.

I doubt we would get near pick 31 for McDonuts.
I see the potential but I reckon if he was looking to go a 3rd round pick is what we would get. Unfortunately.

Brodders17 said:
I doubt we would get near pick 31 for McDonuts.
I see the potential but I reckon if he was looking to go a 3rd round pick is what we would get. Unfortunately.

With our 3rd thrown in it's a 19 spot upgrade which I don't think is unreasonable

Stylo said:
With our 3rd thrown in it's a 19 spot upgrade which I don't think is unreasonable

Crows get pick 33 so it's a 2 spot upgrade + pick 50. By that measure McDonough has lost value.

bullus_hit said:
Crows get pick 33 so it's a 2 spot upgrade + pick 50. By that measure McDonough has lost value.

I'm saying McDonough + 52 for 31 is a fair trade. The other proposal IMO is a slight loss.

Has played football in his first two seasons in a team that has made finals, without having the required fitness base. A must keep for mine.

Max said:
Rumour is:
Crows get 33 & McDonough
Richmond gets 31 & 50

Still I wouldn't do it, I like the kid and thought he was unlucky to get dropped.

Horrible trade.

Stylo said:
I'm saying McDonough + 52 for 31 is a fair trade. The other proposal IMO is a slight loss.

Yes that seems like fair value.

Just went on his twitter page. I just cannot see him leaving pretty much every post is related to richmond by tagging a player or a photo bar one with his missus. His main pic is him in yellow and black. He will stay IMO.

At this stage there's virtually no value to Madonna as a trade, it's simply two years of development work thrown in the bin for a mid range pick to return another mid range pick. There's enough potential been shown by him at seniors early this year, plus some handy games at VFL level later, in his normal forward position to persevere with.
Time to nudge him up a level over pre season n then see what he has to give for 2015, think he could be a handy type for us without the need to rush him out the door before he actually gets started.

Needs to get fitter over summer (he's not alone though)

TigerMasochist said:
At this stage there's virtually no value to Madonna as a trade, it's simply two years of development work thrown in the bin for a mid range pick to return another mid range pick. There's enough potential been shown by him at seniors early this year, plus some handy games at VFL level later, in his normal forward position to persevere with.
Time to nudge him up a level over pre season n then see what he has to give for 2015, think he could be a handy type for us without the need to rush him out the door before he actually gets started.

Yep.

He just signed on for another year. Thank goodness. Don't know why we couldn't have given him a two year contract though? We gave a two year to Batch.

Happy to see him re-signed, as he was very good at VFL level. One of 5 or 6 who need to take a big step forward next year and play regular senior footy.

I'd like to see him on the ball and up forward, as opposed to stuck in the backline.

I'm also very pleased to see him signed. If we are to move up the ladder we need blokes like Matt to step up.