Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

NO! lets keep Newman instead, he might be keeping McDonough out of the team but he's a nice guy...

yep saw the last quarter and a bit of the game v the cats yesterday and thought his willingness to get to the contest and push up the ground to provide options was very good. Needs to be re-signed and played

TigerForce said:
It's been some sort of myth all along and am not sure who or why it was started.

could be wrong, but i think phantom? either way i hope he stays.

great player. i recall DH saying as much at one point.. ..probably just before he dropped him. ::)
anyway - this guy could and should be the small forward we could and should have.

Agree on his kicking. Has a lovely kicking action and would look real good lining up the big sticks. Hopefully has finished his time in defence and will see him having some set shots. You'll see what i mean then

jimbob said:
Agree on his kicking. Has a lovely kicking action and would look real good lining up the big sticks. Hopefully has finished his time in defence and will see him having some set shots. You'll see what i mean then
We saw him play the last 4 or games at VFL level up forward, kicked a couple of rippers from distance @ PRO

TigerForce said:
It's been some sort of myth all along and am not sure who or why it was started. Look at the instagram photos and you can see Madonna looks happy with his Tiger mates around him. As bad as the Griffo walking out ala Greenwood myth.

Yep. Someone's baseless speculation was repeated enough for people to start accepting it as fact.

Did McDonough re-sign?

Phantom said:
Did McDonough re-sign?

Dea, Elton, Arnot, McDonough, Batchelor, Thomas all believed yet to re-sign.

Uh-huh!

Well, Griffiths was in doubt just after the halfway mark of the season and re-signed. So, a mutual desire must have been met and delivered.

I suppose it just depends on how much the RFC wants McDonough, and vice-versa.

SkillzThatKillz said:
Dea, Elton, Arnot, McDonough, Batchelor, Thomas all believed yet to re-sign.

*smile* them all off.

Has he signed yet?
We need to keep this bloke and for him to take newys or houli a spot next year. In 2016 he will be greAt off hb with the year under his belt. Newy will be gone so why waste a year on him when u can have another 10 from Madonna

keepa lids onit said:
Has he signed yet?
We need to keep this bloke and for him to take newys or houli a spot next year. In 2016 he will be greAt off hb with the year under his belt. Newy will be gone so why waste a year on him when u can have another 10 from Madonna
Coz he's gunna play forward not back.

Stylo said:
Another piece of constructive wisdom from you.

We will see whether I am right or wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwrong.
And U know Fonzy was always RIGHT.

re-sign him & play him in his natural position..... up forward. he played there at the end of the VFL season ala Griffiths last year so i think thats how it'll work.

RUNVS said:
p!ss them all off.

i know who i wish would *smile* off. and it aint the guys you listed. (except maybe Thomas.)

Brodders17 said:
i know who i wish would p!ss off. and it aint the guys you listed. (except maybe Thomas.)

yeah Thomas from that list would be the only clogger at this stage.

Carter said:
yeah Thomas from that list would be the only clogger at this stage.

Looks like he will remain on the rookie list for a 2nd year.

Brodders17 said:
i know who i wish would p!ss off. and it aint the guys you listed. (except maybe Thomas.)

LOL DH