Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

Mentioned elsewhere McDonough and our second pick to the crows for their second and third round picks.

WesternTiger said:
Mentioned elsewhere McDonough and our second pick to the crows for their second and third round picks.

What picks do they have?

se7en said:
What picks do they have?

Crows 31 & 50
Us 33 & 52
I can't see why we'd give up McDonough just to move 2 spots for 2nd & 3rd rounds. That's crap.

willo said:
Crows 31 & 50
Us 33 & 52
I can't see why we'd give up McDonough just to move 2 spots for 2nd & 3rd rounds. That's crap.
I think we keep 52 and get 31 and 50

willo said:
Crows 31 & 50
Us 33 & 52

No way that deal goes through.

bullus_hit said:
No way that deal goes through.

Rumour is:
Crows get 33 & McDonough
Richmond gets 31 & 50

Still I wouldn't do it, I like the kid and thought he was unlucky to get dropped.

no thanks - would rather keep him

Ahhhh negative to this trade

Possible he is the one forced out if the Trengove deal goes through

loto said:
Possible he is the one forced out if the Trengove deal goes through
You would hope (expect) that Arnot would be a casualty before McDonough.

Is this "trade" anymore than a rumour from a fan site at the moment ?

McDonough basicly for pick 50, think he's worth more than that.

Max said:
Rumour is:
Crows get 33 & McDonough
Richmond gets 31 & 50

Still I wouldn't do it, I like the kid and thought he was unlucky to get dropped.

Unlucky to be dropped?

Among a 14 week period of horror, his treatment was the worst thing I saw.

This kid can seriously play, and we left him rotting in the twos after playing him out of position in the early rounds to try and cover for Morris, Houli and Newman who were all going horribly.

I'll be shattered to lose him, but who could blame him for thinking about home after this year.

DragicevicFan said:
Unlucky to be dropped?

This kid can seriously play, and we left him rotting in the twos after playing him out of position in the early rounds to try and cover for Morris, Houli and Newman who were all going horribly.

I'll be shattered to lose him, but who could blame him for thinking about home after this year.

this. if we lose him it'll be nothing short of incompetent man management.

I like the kid, I was gutted when he was dropped. Maybe he should go elsewhere so he actually fulfills his potential because under our coaching staff he will be known as a player that had potential... It would be a shame to see this kid fade away

DragicevicFan said:
Unlucky to be dropped?

Agree completely, which adds to the puzzle of why RFC was also chasing Winderlich.

Truly baffling from a supporters perspective when watching VFL games and then seeing the AFL side with a gap the Donut has the capability to fill.

Surely, there must be more to this than meets the eye ?

You would have thought that McDonough would have been one of the highest priority re-signings due to his potential.

The fact that McDonough is still unsigned at this point of the post-season leads me to believe that the club is exploring their options for him.

Plus, there is the possibility of some 'go home' factoring here.

I would think that if any trade was going to happen with Adelaide, that it would be something like.

Out : McDonough, pick #52
In : Pick #31

This is a more reasonable deal, for both parties, otherwise if it something suggested as above, we lose out big time.

That way we would end up with 23, 31, 33 in the 2nd round plus Trengove (it that deal goes through of course).

SkillzThatKillz said:
You would have thought that McDonough would have been one of the highest priority re-signings due to his potential.

The fact that McDonough is still unsigned at this point of the post-season leads me to believe that the club is exploring their options for him.

Plus, there is the possibility of some 'go home' factoring here.

I would think that if any trade was going to happen with Adelaide, that it would be something like.

Out : McDonough, pick #52
In : Pick #31

This is a more reasonable deal, for both parties, otherwise if it something suggested as above, we lose out big time.

That way we would end up with 23, 31, 33 in the 2nd round plus Trengove (it that deal goes through of course).
This may well be true but we don't know who is pushing it, McDonough or the club. It could also be about money of course, or length of contract.
I recall an interview with Richardson or Hardwick ( cant remember which one) a couple of weeks ago where he was mentioned as a player who we see very much as a small forward option in the future and it certainly didn't sound like we didn't want him.

Sintiger said:
This may well be true but we don't know who is pushing it, McDonough or the club. It could also be about money of course, or length of contract.
I recall an interview with Richradson or Hardwick ( cant remember which one) a couple of weeks ago where he was mentioned as a player who we see very much as a small forward option in the future and it certainly didn't sound like we didn't want him.

I saw the interview as well, and yes, certainly sounded like he was in our plans for next year.

There were also interviews with Batchelor (unsigned next year) and Matt Thomas (recently had surgery and still not signed for next year) where it appeared that both were in our 2015 plans (with Thomas to remain on the rookie list for a 2nd year).

Might just be they are seeing what happens with potential trade deals before committing to the players or finalising their contracts.

I would prefer to keep McDonough myself, but if he does want to go home or gets traded, Adelaide's pick #31 could come in very handy.