Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

zippadeee said:
The best of the 4 after watching the highlight packages. Good mark, normal kicking style, goes after the ball and dosent mind tackling fither.. Looks ok
wow, to judge on a few minutes is greg beck recruiting, i,m glad tiges now do their homework with talent been one part only od afl requirements

this bloke looks confident, doesn't he?

something tells me he won't be a wallflower.

watch out jack, a bit o' strut incoming ...

Carter said:
this bloke looks confident, doesn't he?

something tells me he won't be a wallflower.

watch out jack, a bit o' strut incoming ...

Good enough to play Round 1.

He looks sharp but then it's been said he's lazy and there must be a reason he wasn't a high pick. Is he taking the Morton role on the list?

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
He looks sharp but then it's been said he's lazy and there must be a reason he wasn't a high pick. Is he taking the Morton role on the list?

The knock on him is that he's lazy and doesn't chase.
He will need a defensive side to him to get a game as a small forward.

Heard from a good source that we had Matty Mc earmarked at 33 but we got word that Essendon wanted to take McBean with the next pick. After the Houli and Helbig win I wouldn't pass it on if the source wasn't very credible.

SCOOP said:
Heard from a good source that we had Matty Mc earmarked at 33 but we got word that Essendon wanted to take McBean with the next pick. After the Houli and Helbig win I wouldn't pass it on if the source wasn't very credible.

Up next...Dayle Garlett. >:D

SCOOP said:
How do we get that word? Is Dudoro whispering too loud: "Awesome! Only one more pick and we get McBean!"

spook said:
How do we get that word? Is Dudoro whispering too loud: "Awesome! Only one more pick and we get McBean!"

Essendon could have indicated to McBean they would get him with their 2nd rounder if there. We could have told Jelly we'd get him with a later pick. Jelly is a die hard Richmond supporter.

SCOOP said:

The bit I liked of that story was when we stuck it to Essendon. Probably best they didn't get him anyway because their fans would have compared him to Kepler Bradley

Baloo said:
Essendon could have indicated to McBean they would get him with their 2nd rounder if there. We could have told Jelly we'd get him with a later pick. Jelly is a die hard Richmond supporter.

Someone on BF saying he's actually a Norf supporter. Used to be Richmond but changed.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
The bit I liked of that story was when we stuck it to Essendon.

That was my favourite part too.

Stylo said:
Someone on BF saying he's actually a Norf supporter. Used to be Richmond but changed.

Dud. Delist.

But Jelly's old man is a die hard Tigers man so maybe that was our source.

SCOOP said:

Yep heard that true

Alos heard that Mcdonough would have been picked by the saints the very next pick if we didnt grab him

Close family member of mine involved with the draft kids.
Gave me the following....
Vlastuin - good solid pick, 200 gamer
McIntosh - he said 'hmmmm may turn out ok'
McBean - Wont see him until 2015
McDonough - Could be a steal

B1

nikolasmia said:
Yep heard that true

Alos heard that Mcdonough would have been picked by the saints the very next pick if we didnt grab him
saints love them small fwds lol

Matt McDonough
Played a really solid game, starting forward and then moving into the midfield. Had 25 touches and used the ball extremely well. Stoppage and contested work again were features of his performance.

Has produced this sort of form the last few weeks. Surely a call up to the team is near at the expense of at least Nahas.

Smoking Aces said:
Matt McDonough
Played a really solid game, starting forward and then moving into the midfield. Had 25 touches and used the ball extremely well. Stoppage and contested work again were features of his performance.

Has produced this sort of form the last few weeks. Surely a call up to the team is near at the expense of at least Nahas.

Still festively plump, aces.

But, is showing much more poise now.

hahah, festively plump.