Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

Far out this kid impresses me! On the tigers website it says at the start of the year he got 6 goals against Vic metro and WA!!! For a 180cm medium forward is amazing

Really like the look of this pick.

Is this the one DH suggested was a Paul Chapman type? Hope he's as good.

Really like the look of this kid.

Excited by this player, short but solid, and an excellent goalkicker.

a type that we need. good contested play and great kick. doesn't look the fittest though.

SCOOP said:
So if Scoop. Reckon he could make an impact pretty quickly.

I didn't know he played as a midfielder in the SANFL. Good signs.
When I 1st watched him I likened him to a Rockliff type,but after watching a few games I reckon theres a touch of Riciutto in there!

Very impressed with McDonough, a good get for the Tiges!!! Strong body (85 kgs) Hard at it, good user of the ball and good in the air, can play tall even though he's not super tall 5 ft 11" ....

Pick 42: Matthew McDonough Highlights
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/tabid/11454/contentid/505333/pick+42+matthew+mcdonough/default.aspx

The best of the 4 after watching the highlight packages. Good mark, normal kicking style, goes after the ball and dosent mind tackling either.. Looks ok

Harry said:
a type that we need. good contested play and great kick. doesn't look the fittest though.

He has played constant footy at SANFL and national u18 so I doubt he is "unfit". What I reckon is like a lot of SA kids is they don't do a whole lot of gym work or pure fitness work, they just play footy whilst in the juniors, so more often than not they look quite unathletic. think back to Schulz and Edwards when they came across..don't mention Fiora...these kids have never touched a dumbbell before they got to the AFL.

If Burge can get his fitness to match his obvious skill level then we could have a very good player. One thing we can be sure of is that he must be of good character so his application to being the best he can be should be fairly certain.

Quite feasible he may get a sniff late next year, if the Edwards experiment doesnt work, looks like he has some skill, Vlas will probably play round 1.

I think the RFC will like a fully fit Chris Knights to run through the middle a fair bit next year which will be a benefit to the side if he does.

This guy looks damn good. Fingers crossed he's a gun small forward of the future.

Looks very comfy on both feet and knows where the big sticks are. Hopefully takes Nahas's spot ASAP

This bloke could be the freak factor we are seeking up forward. Averages 18 poss and 3.4 goals in under 18s. Porpleyzia slash Mark Le Cras