Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

Look's a clean natural footballer with Darren Jarman like polish.

tigerdave said:
Look's a clean natural footballer with Darren Jarman like polish.

After all the comparisons to former champions so far, I had to check him out for myself.

And I agree on the Jarman comparison out of all of them.

He really looks a player this kid.

Porplyzia clone. And he's 2cm taller! Get him fit. Get him hard. Could kick 6 in a final.

On the RFC website, in the 'How the Tigers Fared' article, they're referring to him as Mark.

A bit sloppy and embarrassing really.

Saw him for 30 minutes at the U18's on TV as I recall plus the highlights. He struck me then as a player who could have 8 possessions and kick 4 goals. maybe I am pigeon holing him too much from seeing little of him but that type of player can be very valuable of course.

Freezer said:
On the RFC website, in the 'How the Tigers Fared' article, they're referring to him as Mark.

A bit sloppy and embarrassing really.

At one stage, Kamdyn was referred to as Camdyn.

Streak said:

That's what happens when you use "enie mini mindi moe" way of drafting.

Hardwick even said that he look good on "highlight" tapes, does anyone actually see these kids play live?

Yes they do. You will find that one of the recruiting staff either full timer, part timer or local scout will have seen nearly every game these kids have played over the past 12-24 months. Dimma only sees the highlight tapes. The days of recruiting via highlights tapes ended with JON.

Sintiger said:
Saw him for 30 minutes at the U18's on TV as I recall plus the highlights. He struck me then as a player who could have 8 possessions and kick 4 goals. maybe I am pigeon holing him too much from seeing little of him but that type of player can be very valuable of course.
I recall reading last night that he racked up 38 possessions in a game, which would suggest he seems capable of accumulating when on song.

Tigerflag2008 said:
I recall reading last night that he racked up 38 possessions in a game, which would suggest he seems capable of accumulating when on song.

He looks the best out of the lot!
The zip is on the McDonald's bandwagon! Giddy up!!! :clap

No nicknames yet.....slow off the mark chaps.

I'll nominate "Guy" and hope it's not too left field for the young 'uns.

Streak said:

FJ even quoted as saying Mark :hihi

edit: The article was written by an AFL person rather than a Richmond person.

Tiger Rob said:

Hopefully other teams will be singing "Oh no, not you again."

The other guy McDonough reminds me of is Tom Rockliff. Star small forward as a junior, elite skills and just needed the fitness base to move into the midfield. Rockliff is now one of the Lions' premier mids.

Tiger Rob said:

considering how Guy ended up I'm not keen in that nickname!

Maybe our next Nick Daffy ?

Freezer said:
Hopefully other teams will be singing "Oh no, not you again."

Let's call him Errol then......otherwise Crawl. ;D

of all the recruits taken this year i have matt at the bottom. unlike everyone else who think his highlights reel is good i found it quite uninspiring :-\ in saying that i cant explain what it is about him that puts me off :-X so we'll just have to wait and see :angel: