Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

I agree FB, some people insist to play the kids etc... We have been! Even guys like Ellis and Conca who have been down of late although Conca didnt have a preseason... Our form has been aweful but we have been playing a heap of youngsters, even Griff is only 22...

I expect and hope we delist 5-6 players that are past it now at years end and have a massive draft...

CC TIGER said:
Doing well in a non natural role, showing some great qualitys , I'm looking forward to him going to his natural fwd/ mid role, could be very very handy

Agree, I like that he's getting games but I'm excited to see what he can do in the midfield.

St Kevin said:
Agree, I like that he's getting games but I'm excited to see what he can do in the midfield.

Was a clearance machine at VFL level. Ultimately I think he'll play a Chapman type role for us

Stylo said:
Was a clearance machine at VFL level. Ultimately I think he'll play a Chapman type role for us
Yes please.

Smart , skillfull just needs to get his fitness base up .loved his left foot 50 metre pass running through the goal square in the second quarter I think great to see s young player use his non preferred side in a pressure situation .

rapt he got a goal yesterday - his first for the firsts and he was stoked. really good player, gets into space.

would rather see him play half forward rotating through the mid. Him, Lennon and Lloyd in the front half would add some needed class and goal scoring options.

Reminds me of Matt White, first thought and solution to every problem is to run hard. Hopefully maturity makes him realise that sometimes the best way to find space is to stop and dodge the oncoming traffic rather than trying to outrun it.

Harry said:
would rather see him play half forward rotating through the mid. Him, Lennon and Lloyd in the front half would add some needed class and goal scoring options.

Agree Harry.

Stylo said:

Yep, saw him earlier this year against Footscray and he was fantastic through the middle. As I've stated before, I think he can become a Rockliff type of midfielder.

Good game by little Plugger.

We need to keep playing him, then get him super fit in the off-season.

Thats when we'll see the real spike.

His nic should be mud guts

Leysy Days said:
Good game by little Plugger.

We need to keep playing him, then get him super fit in the off-season.

Thats when we'll see the real spike.

He needs to spend some serious time in the gym. It is great he has dropped a lot of his pudd, but he has the body of the 14yr old school boy. When he gets caught he struggles to break even the most feeble of tackles.

But i am more and more enthused by this selection everytime he rolls out. Will be another solid dependable player in seasons to come.

He's still uncontracted at the moment isn't he?

Very impressive again was Madonna. Just keeps getting better as he picks up the pace. A few things stand out to me - he reads the game extremely well, doesn't panic, good in traffic and kicks brilliantly on both sides. If he can get his tank up he will be a great midfielder. Other attributes are fearless, good overhead and a fierce tackler. A keeper this kid. Another great, late pick.

Yes he's young, but don't see what the hype is about.

tiger_25 said:
Yes he's young, but don't see what the hype is about.
At least he is having a go more than a lot of the players out there

His effort in manning up Howlett who had already kicked 4 goals, at the start of the last quarter when he kicked his 5th, was woeful.
They are the issues Roosy fixes up. Simply went ball watching and totally left howlett. Not a good sign.

Then again isnt he a small forward? Arent we crying out for a small forward lol

I like the boy but I reckon he's had eight kicked on him.

Needs a spell up forward.

SCOOP said:
I like the boy but I reckon he's had eight kicked on him.

Needs a spell up forward.

WTF do u like about him. That he has had 8 kicked against him.
Scoop stop taking those drugs FFS.