Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

Performed consistently in the 2's. Deserves half a dozen games to be determined whether he is ready. And can only be good for his development. If it is not this year, he will be a permanent next year.

Bloody hell when Hamspon is rated your best recruit this year it just shows we are being lazy at blooding our kids, particularly when you are 2 and 4 and soon to be 2 and 5.

will be dropped, because he is slow, because we have other slow players that have a stronger relationship with the coach

Grigg, Newman, Edwards ect

Will play. Had the ball deep in the back pocket (think it was in the last Q). Raised his head, delivered a powerful 35m pass and hit a Richmond target. On that alone deserves a few games (starting - not as the sub).

Agree that he needs to play a full game. In my opinion he is not the right type to be a sub. Again, just in my opinion (happy to be proven wrong) subs need to be players who can impact quickly eg Tuck, Foley, White, possibly Gordon this year, maybe even Shane Edwards as a last chance.

Although it is an extended interchange bench, I would hope that McDonough gets a spot in the starting 21.

reckon he'll also go out of the team.

In - Lids, TV, Rance, Adwards, Thomas
Out - Arnot, Griff, Grimes, Lloyd and McDonough.

Not named in the vfl, whereas Thomas is Harry. Looks like Madonna hasn't been dropped

Harry said:

I wouldn't watch the game if those were the ins. Ludicrous.

Wildride said:
Not named in the vfl, whereas Thomas is Harry. Looks like Madonna hasn't been dropped
Petterd is also named in both, even on the field for AFL team also, which i find interesting

Harry said:

Be piling disappointment on disappointment if they did that, having said that, they probably will.

Kept his spot. Good luck to the lad. Big game coming.

holy shitballs. Seems like dimmas gonna jiggy with the scott bro's head and beat him even before they bounce the *smile* ball.

Its a fait-acompli with the mind games. and snakes hyper-optimo-pre-mo-nishun

Should be played all year. One of the very few with real pace. And has shown smarts as well. Much more to offer right there than the likes of petts n grigg.
He's the type to improve our team

keepa lids onit said:
Should be played all year. One of the very few with real pace. And has shown smarts as well. Much more to offer right there than the likes of petts n grigg.
He's the type to improve our team

Agree, Keepa. McDonough is worth investing some game-time into.

This kid can play. I hope he plays well enough to stay in the side all year. He's one that we need to come on.

I've compared Madonna to the young #44 at Richmond many years ago - Nick Daffy. 19yo Nick Daffy was lively with the will to win. He played floating halfback, marked at will and used the ball 60m by foot. A few years later Mick Malthouse declared him the best medium forward in the AFL.

What happened afterwards to Daffy was injury related or entirely Nick Daffy's doing.

Madonna is in for Petterd as the mop. I reckon Madona will get minimum six weeks to cement a spot if he can get almost square but I expect him to do better than that.

I think Madonna is game with skills and smarts. We don't got enough a that. Gawd give 'im strength. We're dependin' awn him. Hey, I'm going to sing 'Patches' every time he gets the ball and nickname him that.

[youtube=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_LQ4_MhDu4[/youtube]

'Madonna' is not a man's name. His name is - Patches.

He's an Adelaide boy and, as we all know, they have their own dialect over there.

What do you call an Adelaide boy named McDonough? For a start, the beginning bit would be more like Mook than Mac, although Mook is a bit too Scottish for our friends from the Adelaide Hills. It would be closer to a truncated sort of Muc sound, with a very short U vowel. Short and sweet.

The end bit would rhyme with Gunner, not Donna. Never rhyme it with Donna, that's just ignorant.

Our boy's name is Muck Dunna, not Madonna. Matty Muckdunna. That's it. It just rolls off the tongue.

That's what I think we should call him, MattyMuckdunna. Roll the two words together but still find space for the drawl. MattyMuckdunna, MattyMuckdunna.

Say it a few times while sipping a can of Fosters in the shade and you'll get it. Mattymuckdunna.

I prefer 'Madonna', but I don't think I can speak Adelaide anyway.

TOT70 said:
He's an Adelaide boy and, as we all know, they have their own dialect over there.

What do you call an Adelaide boy named McDonough? For a start, the beginning bit would be more like Mook than Mac, although Mook is a bit too Scottish for our friends from the Adelaide Hills. It would be closer to a truncated sort of Muc sound, with a very short U vowel. Short and sweet.

The end bit would rhyme with Gunner, not Donna. Never rhyme it with Donna, that's just ignorant.

Our boy's name is Muck Dunna, not Madonna. Matty Muckdunna. That's it. It just rolls off the tongue.

That's what I think we should call him, MattyMuckdunna. Roll the two words together but still find space for the drawl. MattyMuckdunna, MattyMuckdunna.

Say it a few times while sipping a can of Fosters in the shade and you'll get it. Mattymuckdunna.

I like that. and I agree madonna is a little inappropriate. I had a pin up of madonna in the nuddy with hairy arm pits on my wall as teenager. She also would have struggled to stay contemporary in the age of the brazilian. In that context, it was extraordinary, but as a tiger footballer, and as Capt Blood points out, its odd. MuckDunna certainly sounds good, and the quality of TOT70's analysis earns some naming rights.

Its muckdunna for me. matty muckdunna