Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

Tigertool said:
Yeah, 'Madonna' for me too.

that a feature of PRE I enjoy. Ive got nicknames im engrossed in, that only I use. and I think everyone tolerates it.

jeez, muckdunnas lambchops are impressive and seriously unfashionable. They are so far from the fitzroy ned kelly beard its funny. fashion-wise, my new favourite tiger.

He's Donut to me. On nicknames, Conca is 'Cheeks' in my family, due to his resemblance to former Dandenong (and Frankston, now St Kilda) cricketer Matty 'Cheeks' Chasemore.

Grew into the game I thought. His nickname at the club is 'Plugga' due to his skinfolds when he first arrived. He's earned 'Madonna' imo. I'd like to see him get some more time on the ball.

PLUGGER (and that's his nickname, debate closed) looked very composed today.

Didn't look out of place or panicked under the wet greasy conditions. And todays game had serious heat in it. It was at times finals like in its collisions. A game like today is worth 10-15 regular games experience.

A pass grade is worth a lot more on a day like this. A major step forward.

Good call on the intensity, SCOOP. That's why many of us feel so positive despite the 2-5 ledger. Play like that every week and we'll beat most sides, and we will improve from here.

Plugger, Donut, whatever, he's a good'un.

He is easily selected for the game against Melbourne. Would love to see him get a chance for the rest of the season, because I think he might blossom into a pretty useful player.

I will never forget Nathan Buckley at Tigers v Bombers practice match turning around to Rob Harvey when Mc Donough did something and saying he is a good player

Youth brings in energy.
Another reason why we don't need so many retreads in the side.

SCOOP said:
PLUGGER (and that's his nickname, debate closed) looked very composed today.

Didn't look out of place or panicked under the wet greasy conditions. And todays game had serious heat in it. It was at times finals like in its collisions. A game like today is worth 10-15 regular games experience.

A pass grade is worth a lot more on a day like this. A major step forward.

yes, serious heat, set up some nice plays, pulled some horrible plays out of the fire, top game. Arrived? Bloody hope so

I am so glad this guy has been able to get some games in a row after being dumped after Round 1.
If there had not been some injuries to the old timers he could have easily been still plotting around at VFL level unable to gain much needed experience.
Still makes some errors but they are "good errors" in that they are easily fixable and they usually happen from taking the game on or just lack of experience at this level.
Looks an interesting prospect who has a skill set that could allow him to play anywhere on the ground depending how things progress.
I hope he gets a minimum 15 games this year and keeps improving so we have enough confidence to delist or retire some of the "in-between" older guys who if let go would allow us to take at least 6 National draft kids. Have faith in the kids Hardwick.

Juffaricho said:
I am so glad this guy has been able to get some games in a row after being dumped after Round 1.
If there had not been some injuries to the old timers he could have easily been still plotting around at VFL level unable to gain much needed experience.
Still makes some errors but they are "good errors" in that they are easily fixable and they usually happen from taking the game on or just lack of experience at this level.
Looks an interesting prospect who has a skill set that could allow him to play anywhere on the ground depending how things progress.
I hope he gets a minimum 15 games this year and keeps improving so we have enough confidence to delist or retire some of the "in-between" older guys who if let go would allow us to take at least 6 National draft kids. Have faith in the kids Hardwick.
Yep, busy little bugger is Madonna, constantly trying to step n find the gap through traffic, probably tries to do a tad too much at times but in a positive way. Get him up to thirty or forty games n he should become a decent player for us.

I reckon he's a ripper. Smart, skilled, brave, wins the ball and takes the game on. Very good player in the making.

I like him, like with Lennon, if you can play him for the rest of the season. He, Dea and Lennon as well as a few others are the future.

Doing well in a non natural role, showing some great qualitys , I'm looking forward to him going to his natural fwd/ mid role, could be very very handy

Juffaricho said:

With an upgrade to Miles and Darrou that's 8 list changes and a mouthwatering prospect for continued list development