Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

jamo said:
Indeed, he tried all night against Suns, grigg jogged around doing nothing, yet still in.

Maybe that's the key.

If you run around too much trying to get the ball - No idea.

Play in cruise control and wait for the ball to come to you - Got everything covered.

bullus_hit said:
this place is fast becoming a trolls paradise.

been spending most our lives, livin' in a trolls paradise

Phantom said:
Personally, I'm still trying to figure how a a small forward, who kicked:

2011 - 14 goals 6 in 5 U18 Champs games
2012 - 17 goals 6 in 5 U18 Champs games
2013 - 10 goals 6 in limited forward VFL opportunities

is being immediately played as a defender, without even being given the opportunity to show himself as a failed forward at a higher level.

We must have a surfeit of small forwards at Tigerland!!!

The old Hardwick 'sharpen his defensive attributes'. Wearing very thin I must say.

Phantom said:
Personally, I'm still trying to figure how a a small forward, who kicked:

2011 - 14 goals 6 in 5 U18 Champs games
2012 - 17 goals 6 in 5 U18 Champs games
2013 - 10 goals 6 in limited forward VFL opportunities

is being immediately played as a defender, without even being given the opportunity to show himself as a failed forward at a higher level.

We must have a surfeit of small forwards at Tigerland!!!

Thanks was not aware of this - wow. Once again overthinking and overcoaching

tigersnake said:
been spending most our lives, livin' in a trolls paradise

theres a troll-proof, fully virtually booby trapped, binary razor wired, cyber beser block bunker-clubhouse over at general.

From watching him last season at Coburg, I think he started as a forward but then they threw him in the midfield to see what he could do. From there he dominated to the point where I actually don't see him as the crumbing forward I thought he was when first drafted. I think he'll settle as a mid/half forward.

I've got a hunch that McDonough will be selected in the final 22 tomorrow night ... and hopefully will replace Grigg.

dunno what his stats were today but I'd like to see him in every week for the rest of the year. Time to persist with what youth we have.

Don't think it's done any harm too his future playing across half back, however I think he should play forward and middle mainly for the rest of the year, has close to the best goal sense at the club, much rather he get Lloyds spot up forward

Yeah good today took a good mark deep and kicked it good also the only thing I couldn't understand is why you play your sub in the back pocket when the midfield lacked so much run needs to play for more than one week .

CC TIGER said:
Don't think it's done any harm too his future playing across half back, however I think he should play forward and middle mainly for the rest of the year, has close to the best goal sense at the club, much rather he get Lloyds spot up forward

Reckon you might be right, CC. McDonough seems to have an element of dynamism that could well suit him for forward line duties.
Hope he gets a full game next week against the Cats.

69 vintage said:
Yeah good today took a good mark deep and kicked it good also the only thing I couldn't understand is why you play your sub in the back pocket when the midfield lacked so much run needs to play for more than one week .

It does seem odd that "fresh legs" would be used in such a fashion. He has a bit of energy about him that would have been handy around the ball, particularly as his team mates were flagging by that stage.

Took an amazing contested mark deep in defence in the last qtr and took at least another good mark too in the game.

Has to play a full game next week.

If this kid gets droped i tell you now i will not go and watch another game till he's in..

Must play the next month regardless is form.

B2

Agree B Boys.

Must replace that liability in Morris. That's a good start.

MM did nothing wrong today. Deserves a chance. Play Flash as the sub next week.

A bit bemused to see him go to the bench after being involved in the play on the wing. He only had a quarter, let the kid play!

Maybe lacks a yard, but his disposal is neat enough.

mad_doggy911 said:
Agree B Boys.

Must replace that liability in Morris. That's a good start.
Certainly has the ability to replace a fit Morris and some. Would eliminate some of the heart in mouth tactics that Morris tends to use. Get Morris's body and mind repaired before any consideration of playing him again