Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

Needs to be persevered with. Has speed, skill & desire which is what this side needs.

There's spots for young players like McDonough if they earn it via performances in the VFL team. Will be looking for Arnott and Lennon to be putting their hands up soon.

One of the few rays of sunshine on an otherwise bleak hit out

Dyer'ere said:
Young Nick Daffy could kick it low 60m off a step, ts. He didn't age well. OP. Attitude.

Madonna was fierce in defence at times in his infancy. Something going on here IMO.

Love the look of McDonough, tracking great and just looks like a player who will keep improving. Wrong thread for Daffy, had some great seasons early but his huge contract and kick-in-hope-Greg-Anderson playing style was a liability that set us back 3 or 4 years as a club IMO. A good club would have seen the writing on the wall, I did, all my friends and family did, we didn't. Ancient history, we move on. Madonna might be our lucky star 8-

Keep him in. Showed up some other madonnas in the team

There was a passage of play last night on our HBF where he attacked the ball hard three times in a row in heavy congestion and ended up winning the free kick. Put a smile on my dial. He's a keeper this one

Improved as the game went on, obviously still needs lots of game time and there'll be the odd stumble but works hard, backs up n looks very composed out on the field. Think we might enjoy watching this kid grow and develop.

I think in time this kid plays through the middle. We need more classy mids. Quicker and tougher than I initially thought.

Dyer'ere said:
Young Nick Daffy could kick it low 60m off a step

I think you were watching with your right ear on the floor JD. That was 60m UP. I never, ever, saw Daffy kick a ball low.

BTW, TV's sky-ball to Lids on his own in the pocket that gave the defender a full 20 second count to nail lids was a low point. You know when lids booted the ball away in disgust? I would have too. It was a shocker.

back on McDonut. He seems to have pace, and pace is what we need. Persist for sure.

This fella is going to be OK for the Tigers. Definitely gets a game over the next few weeks.
Showed more endeavour against GCS than many of his team mates put together.

tigergollywog said:
I think you were watching with your right ear on the floor JD. That was 60m UP. ....

The height record would be a toss up between Daffy and Campbo.

rosy23 said:
The height record would be a toss up between Daffy and Campbo.

The good ole Nick Daffy school of kicking. 30 metres high, 30 metres long.

tigergollywog said:
I think you were watching with your right ear on the floor JD. That was 60m UP. I never, ever, saw Daffy kick a ball low.

Got that right wollygog.

He had 4 kicks, 7 handballs and 3 tackles...

there is a lot of love here for a guy that touched it 11 times.....

uhuh uhuh said:

good reason for that, he's played, what 3 games?, and his touches looked good.

uhuh uhuh said:

Better than Vickery who touches himself!

tigersnake said:

In a losing side the cheques have to be balanced. Whilst he did some good things I am not so sure the first round was the time to pick him.

Might be throwing him in a bit at the deep end but I'm wondering if he should be the player to get the defensive role on Yarran. Seems to be one fo the few with the pace to go with him.

tigersnake said:

Yep, it was his second game and forget about the number of touches. He looked composed. He didn't look out of place. And he attacked the ball with purpose.

Huge bonus from the night.