Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

Sintiger said:
Yes. It should also be noted that he was drafted with the pick we got for Angus Graham. ;D

Looks like that trade was a winner for us!

Especially considering McDonough is a SA boy.

Ideally replaces kingy this year. Love kingy and what he has been able to extract from himself, but can't see him being part of a flag team.

If he comes on it will be the best contribution Gus ever made to the Richmond Football Club.

Haters. Not only did The Gus Bus give it his all but he returned value when we traded him on. His worth to Richmond was never really obvious to most.

I thought he was solid in first interstate game has gre as t skills and composure something his more senior teamates could learn from .

Thought he was pretty good for a player with few games under the belt.

Will be better for the run.

Was under immense pressure tonight by no fault of his own.

Should play against Carlton.

We need enthusiastic, intense footballers. He is one of them

Easily gets a game next week. On tonight's performance he would be in the first six picked.

SkillzThatKillz said:
Will be better for the run.

Was under immense pressure tonight by no fault of his own.

Should play against Carlton.

Would be very disappointed if he doesn't play against Carlton. We need to back the kid and build his confidence.

By the end of Nick Daffy's career at Richmond I may not have been a hater but I'm not ashamed to admit that he is one of my least favourite players of all time.

When Daffy was nineteen(?) he could just find the footy. We played him at half back and he'd just read it or fan to the hole if we won it.

Nick Daffy oozed footy smarts on the spread and could finish. He was heavy and could walk through a line when fit. His work the other way didn't improve as he aged and IMO he got a bit too involved in Nick Daffy. Maybe it was the money.

Mc Donough can do all of that at the same age but he can be harder than the young Daffy. (He doesn't kick it as far.) Maybe he has better coaching but he responds.

I love this kid.

Dyer'ere said:
Mc Donough can do all of that at the same age but he can be harder than the young Daffy. (He doesn't kick it as far.)

He definitely doesn't kick it as high

He stays in the side. We have to get games into him. Madonna belongs.

Got better as the game wore on. Liked his game. Looks like an AFL player.

tigersnake said:
He definitely doesn't kick it as high

Young Nick Daffy could kick it low 60m off a step, ts. He didn't age well. OP. Attitude.

Madonna was fierce in defence at times in his infancy. Something going on here IMO.