Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

SCOOP said:
One of our boys!!

Of the player, you have led the race Scoop.

Of the nickname, yes, leysy is the chief ring leader. And why not.

Go little Plugger!

We really need to be on our game trying to sign him. I've always felt since we drafted him that he seemed to be the sort of player that would look to go home.

Tigertool said:
We really need to be on our game trying to sign him. I've always felt since we drafted him that he seemed to be the sort of player that would look to go home.

Huh!? What makes you think Madonna is going home already?

Tigertool said:

One thing in our favour is that home is Adelaide :hihi

TigerMasochist said:
Huh!? What makes you think Madonna is going home already?

I'm not saying I think he will, but for whatever reason I've always had a feeling he would be likely to go home at some point.

Tigertool said:
I'm not saying I think he will, but for whatever reason I've always had a feeling he would be likely to go home at some point.

I've had the same feeling and suspected it could be partly why he fell to pick 43. Hope we can keep him. If not I'm sure we'll get a top 10 pick off Adelaide :)

How good was this boys mark over Ryder and that other Essendon player running back with the ball?

Tigertool said:
Kids been in the door all of ten minutes n played all of one game of footy as a sampler of what lies ahead, with a finals capable team. Why all of a sudden are people thinking / suggesting he's homeward bound FFS.

if not given a chance he may opt to go but at the very least he'll be an EMG for sat night IMO tho i think he's earned a spot in the 22 so he's putting his hand up.

TigerMasochist said:
Kids been in the door all of ten minutes n played all of one game of footy as a sampler of what lies ahead, with a finals capable team. Why all of a sudden are people thinking / suggesting he's homeward bound FFS.

FFS I'm not saying he's out the I am just saying the VIBE I got from him is that he MAY have a go home factor. Jesus.

Tigertool said:
FFS I'm not saying he's out the I am just saying the VIBE I got from him is that he MAY have a go home factor. Jesus.

Things would have turned out better for Jesus if he had the go-home factor.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Things would have turned out better for Jesus if he had the go-home factor.

He did go home!

Nice little pump up by Glen Luff on SEN. Said that plugger had been performing at a standout level in the preseason, commensurate with a top 10 pick, and mentioned Richmond plucked him in the 40's. Called him a 'Pure footballer'. Obviously a little play on the shows title 'Pure Football' however, certainly apt in Matt's case.
Been mentioned before, but an absolute credit to him and the S&C staff for the physical transformation that has been achieved. He's certainly making the most of his opportunity.

Eat the rich said:
Nice little pump up by Glen Luff on SEN. Said that plugger had been performing at a standout level in the preseason, commensurate with a top 10 pick, and mentioned Richmond plucked him in the 40's. Called him a 'Pure footballer'. Obviously a little play on the shows title 'Pure Football' however, certainly apt in Matt's case.
Been mentioned before, but an absolute credit to him and the S&C staff for the physical transformation that has been achieved. He's certainly making the most of his opportunity.
Yes. It should also be noted that he was drafted with the pick we got for Angus Graham. ;D