Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

Coburgtiger said:
I think Morris is our single most underrated player.

Was not beaten by an opponent last year, and is our ONLY small, quick, shut down defender. Attacks the ball like a pitbull with a brain injury, yet rarely gives away free kicks. On top of that, he runs and moves the ball quickly out of the backline and creates when he gets it.

Very little is said about him, but you couldn't ask for more.

Madonna may come into the 22, but it won't be at Morris' expense. His new long term contract underlines just how the coaches view him.
I think your forgetting the most important game of the year last season... He was terrible, worst game in his time at the club... But besides that yes he is an integral part... Kamikaze like attack on the footy but also provides great run and rebound out of defence.

This kid is a jet. Thought he was in the best 3 today.

Footballer. But no threat to Morro. We can fit both in.

spook said:
Footballer. But no threat to Morro. We can fit both in.

Yep, we can surely fit both in.

McDonough is so smooth and reminds me of Cotch here and there.

Coburgtiger said:
Attacks the ball like a pitbull with a brain injury,
Used to know one of those, flamin scary on his best day. Perfect image of the way Stevie takes the game on.

Could see McDonough in the forward line. He has a lovely kicking action when lining up at goal. Kingy's replacement for mine.

jimbob said:
Could see McDonough in the forward line. He has a lovely kicking action when lining up at goal. Kingy's replacement for mine.
Yep reckon he will become a part of the midfield rotation,bit of the Steele Sidebottoms about him, 30-40 goals a season type...new he had class but his harder then I realised...his carnival record proves he knows where the goals are , straight out footballer

Got a lot of the ball in the melbourne game, but was not overly impressed with his disposal.

Improvement in the last two has been great.

Hbf he is in front of Dea helbig and Macintosh

Showed some form overhead too, big tick from me and looks ready to roll in 2014. I like the fact that he's learning the trade in the back line, ultimately he'll be played as a mid/forward.

uhuh uhuh said:
Got a lot of the ball in the melbourne game, but was not overly impressed with his disposal.

Agreed there. He's looked great so far.

The mark he took in the 3rd got the biggest applause of the day, bigger than the Daniher or Hammer marks. It was both brave and spectacular.

SCOOP said:
One of our boys!!

Its always risky to jump on Leysy's bandwagons.

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/1965718/ex-tiger-joins-the-mean-machine/

DEFENDING Loddon Valley Football League premiers Bridgewater will have two ex-AFL players on its list next year, with Will Thursfield joining new Mean Machine coach Andrew Collins at the club.

;D

evo said:

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/1965718/ex-tiger-joins-the-mean-machine/

DEFENDING Loddon Valley Football League premiers Bridgewater will have two ex-AFL players on its list next year, with Will Thursfield joining new Mean Machine coach Andrew Collins at the club.

;D

Agree, that's why I started the wagon. Leysy is Chewie to my Han Solo.

uhuh uhuh said:

I am ahead of Helbig

evo said:

;D

Take over from Dimma?