Matt Thomas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Thomas

Re: Pick 42 Matt Thomas

We can not play him, Conca and Foley in the same team.
One has to go to get more outside speed in as we have a turtle in Grigg on one wing anyway.
Looks like Thomas' improved form could send Foley to the VFL until a spot that suits his role opens up.

unfair to say he'd be leading our B&F count right now?

Hit some contests really hard. Dare I say, Tuck-like.
He turned me around a bit tonight. I thought he was very limited, but he just kept kicking it straight. Was pretty keen to take on tacklers too.

Juffaricho said:
We can not play him, Conca and Foley in the same team.
One has to go to get more outside speed in as we have a turtle in Grigg on one wing anyway.
Looks like Thomas' improved form could send Foley to the VFL until a spot that suits his role opens up.

Foley for Jackson, Dimma said he can't wait to have Thomas and Jacko in together

Great game .. Would of lost without him..AND he showed our " leaders " how to stand and fight when the crap hits the fanf

Hard not too dips ya lid to this bloke, plays with pride in the sash as if his a 273 game veteran

Properly the best pick up in a very long time, even more special is that he cost us 0.

You couldn't put Jackson in for Thomas. Not only us Jackson underdone but he is not an upgrade on Thomas. It's funny how little respect Thomas gets for his footy ability, he is exactly the type you wnt in the midfield to compliment the Cochins and Martins.

Love his smarts. A few times in the second half when the heat was on, surrounded by opposition players, we were mostly scrambling and hacking forward, MT thinks his way through and slices his way out of traffic, love it

Looking like a very astute pick up, have not seen of the previously mentioned "terrible foot skills" either.

tigertim said:
Looking like a very astute pick up, have not seen of the previously mentioned "terrible foot skills" either.
Agreed, wouldn't say he has Leon Cameron foot skills but at this point seems more then atequate, may have learnt a lot about winning the footy in the Sanfl last season an also a well enjected boost of confidence...so good so far

He was the one in the last few seconds doing the overlap run that allowed the long kick into dusty one on one.

The King (tuck) of the hardnuts is dead! Long live the new King!

tigertim said:

Did you steal Tigermad2005's kid?

Thought he got stuck in but some of his ball use was average

19 tackles in two games... So if he doesn't run at 80%+ for disposal efficiency I don't care, because that's clearly not his role in the team.