Matt Thomas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Thomas

Re: Pick 42 Matt Thomas

Love what I saw. Hyper-competitive and tough. The level of intensity he played at was exceptional. Conca needs to learn to play with his kind of application and effort.

Love his intensity and aggression but unfortunately too slow and kicking suspect. Love in and under players like him who puts the body on the line unlike Grigg.

Collo said:
Love what I saw. Hyper-competitive and tough. The level of intensity he played at was exceptional. Conca needs to learn to play with his kind of application and effort.

Conca was shocking, when he was in the middle. Ball watching all night and that miss tackle just wrapped up his night.
I'm not sure about conca.

zippadeee said:
Conca was shocking, when he was in the middle. Ball watching all night and that miss tackle just wrapped up his night.
I'm not sure about conca.

23 disposals, 4 marks and 8 tackles not good enough then. While I agree it wasn't a red letter night for Conca, he had mates who were worse.

HandyTiger said:
23 disposals, 4 marks and 8 tackles not good enough then. While I agree it wasn't a red letter night for Conca, he had mates who were worse.

Stop with numbers, they mean *smile*. Grigg had 30 and Cotchin had over 35
He was *smile* last night even super coach picked it up

zippadeee said:
Stop with numbers, they mean sh!t. Grigg had 30 and Cotchin had over 35
He was sh!t last night even super coach picked it up

To you perhaps but they indicate activity and opportunity. Imagine a footy department without numbers if you can. :help

Hardwick didn't say he was *smile*, he said "I thought I'd get more out of Reece Conca and Brandon Ellis and unfortunately they didn't quite lift their game to the standard that was required." But don't let that upset a perfectly good rant mate.

RUNVS said:
Love his intensity and aggression but unfortunately too slow and kicking suspect. Love in and under players like him who puts the body on the line unlike Grigg.

Only reason he looked slow is he actually bothered to cover the ground. He was in everything and honestly he looks quicker than Dan Jackson and he is a first picked when fit.

Most of the team should look at Thomas's hard work ethic that showed in spades tonight. Looks like a find for us. All we need is another 21 with the same heart

In our top 3 most important players right now. I dunno if that's a good or bad thing.

I feel sorry for him because it looks like sometimes he's the only one trying to win contested ball and tackle. Takes some huge hits and keeps trucking along. 11 tackles tonight, next best 6. Golden boy 0.

UKTiger said:
Most of the team should look at Thomas's hard work ethic that showed in spades tonight. Looks like a find for us. All we need is another 21 with the same heart

Yep. Big tick to Thomas. Miles would've been good also.

Thomas showing the other guys how to play with effort.

Tough and hard as nails. Not very skillful however. Typical Richmond player.

Our most consistent mid tonight.
Well done :clap

thejinx said:
Thomas showing the other guys how to play with effort.

Tough and hard as nails. Not very skillful however. Typical Richmond player.

The old backhanded compliment.

Typical Richmond supporter.