Matt Thomas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Thomas

Re: Pick 42 Matt Thomas

evo said:
gotta feel for the guy. I thought he really took his limited opportunity last week.

PRE is a funny place.

Thomas named = "omfg why did Dimma name this spud he sucks as much as Morris yada yada/lost at selection table AGAIN"
Thomas dropped = "we're going to miss him/he was unlucky/Shedda doesn't win much inside ball"

Rancey18 said:
Came in as insurance, did a job, and straight back out when our quality returned. Well done selection committee, could have very easily left him in and dropped someone else like McIntosh but instead made the right call.
agree...match committee doing a great job

St Kevin said:
PRE is a funny place.

Thomas named = "omfg why did Dimma name this spud he sucks as much as Morris yada yada/lost at selection table AGAIN"
Thomas dropped = "we're going to miss him/he was unlucky/Shedda doesn't win much inside ball"

It’s mental. Thomas to Shedda is a huge upgrade. And I’d say Edwards is a better inside player. At the very least when he gets it inside he can step out into the clear. Huge in.

Treacle Thomas moves in traffic like Clive Palmer towards a celery stick. Slow and forced.

Tigaman said:
They talk about Thomas being slow which is a load crap when you have a goose at Mitchell & Hodge's speed of foot. Thomas adds grunt down under & that is where it counts. Out for Titch whose stats amount to easy ball gets on the fringe.

Elite decision makers and diposers. If you're slow you have to have something else to cover for the deficiency. Thomas has nothing. And that's why he has played just 1 game this year and only 100 in 10 seasons of footy.

SCOOP said:
It’s mental. Thomas to Shedda is a huge upgrade. And I’d say Edwards is a better inside player. At the very least when he gets it inside he can step out into the clear. Huge in.

Treacle Thomas moves in traffic like Clive Palmer towards a celery stick. Slow and forced.

You've never seen Clive Palmer down Bloody Marys have you...

I thought Matt played quite ok last week, but if it is a choice between him and Shed then it's no contest.
Shed does all that Matt does plus he does it quicker, better with better skills & much more class.

St Kevin said:
PRE is a funny place.

you never know, they could be different people posting different opinions.

evo said:
you never know, they could be different people posting different opinions.

Yeah and the opinions that Thomas is better inside than Edwards and will be missed this week/was stiff to be dropped, are as ludicrous as Donald Trump's follicles.

St Kevin said:
Yeah and the opinions that Thomas is better inside than Edwards and will be missed this week/was stiff to be dropped, are as ludicrous as Donald Trump's follicles.
well maybe you shoulda quoted the guy who thinks that mate.

tigerlove said:
Thomas's stats compared to Edward's this year appear to indicate that Edwards is indeed a better inside player but this alone severely underplays how important Edwards is in other areas (such as opening up the play with his quick handballs). There is no circumstance I can think of where thomas gets a game ahead of Edwards.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?tid1=15&pid1=1744&tid2=15&pid2=1672&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=P&fopt2=2014

Thomas is getting a game ahead of Edwards this week. 10:30am to 1:45.

:hihi how is it even remotely possible that Edwards v Thomas is being debated here!

Rancey18 said:
:hihi how is it even remotely possible that Edwards v Thomas is being debated here!

It's not hard to understand. We even had wild debates over who was better between Watts and Nic nat even after they had played a season or two.

Then there were the Cale Morton v Chimp Kazoo debates.

It's the internet, you'll always find someone willing to have an opposing view.

Baloo said:
It's not hard to understand. We even had wild debates over who was better between Watts and Nic nat even after they had played a season or two.

Then there were the Cale Morton v Chimp Kazoo debates.

It's the internet, you'll always find someone willing to have an opposing view.

We know the club got it wrong, we just have to work out how.

Rancey18 said:

I can't see anyone comparing them except for what seemed to be a reply to my earlier post. To avoid confusion, Thomas was our worst player last week. A few in here (drunk on a big win) didn't want to read he wasn't that good. I chuckled at some of the useless stats being used to argue his value.

Thomas' game last week was kind of like a test to see who can look through the right stats (and beyond the wrong ones). Just my take on the discussion!

Anyway, it's never been a selection between Edwards and Thomas... It's between Thomas (WOG) and the 2nd/3rd WOGs from last week...