Matt Thomas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Thomas

Re: Pick 42 Matt Thomas

axlefoley said:
He makes the opposition shake in their boots. ::)

Hey Axle, what is it about the concept of "role player" that you don't understand? I'm not nominating him for the Jack Dyer Medal.

People bashing Thomas today have no idea .
First half good contested game gave miles the chance to be subbed and rested cotch also rested forward .
His selection wad good man management from the coach he won't be in the finals side but his selection gives a chance to freshen up the midfield .Last weeks game showed that .

antman said:
Hey Axle, what is it about the concept of "role player" that you don't understand? I'm not nominating him for the Jack Dyer Medal.

JD Medal :hihi you're funny. Seen enough of these 'role players' over the decades as you call them to know that they are just list cloggers.

Happy with the win though.

Fair game for a depth player. With a few injuries and some sore bodies, took some of hits that miles and cotch can do without.

willo said:
I think it was to give Milesy a bit of a breather as well Ant. He's been bashed from pillar to post. To get a hard body helping him out might just give Miles a freshener upper for a week or so leading into the pointy end of the season.
Thomas did the job he was asked to do.
A good point. I did note that Miles wasn't at the bottom of every pile and had a quieter game. It might well have been good management by Dimma.

axlefoley said:
JD Medal :hihi you're funny. Seen enough of these 'role players' over the decades as you call them to know that they are just list cloggers.

Happy with the win though.

Me too mate.

List cloggers. Well the thing is, he's on the list for this year, so let's use him. We can't use the players that aren't. Good news is that we are in the 8 with the list cloggers we have.

Not much of a list clogger on the rookie list. Like the insurance value of this rookie.

Secondly you guys are missing his value in the twos. Our kids won't develop if they don't have the ball. Thomas has very good numbers in the twos.

Worthwhile. I think we will lose two or three to injury at the end of the year (Foley, Knights, Petterd). There is room for Thomas.

Good vfl player...tries hard but too slow, not damaging with the football...could have easily played mcbean today, started mcintosh in middle and tried dea. What did we learn? Not much: Morris, god bless him, not quite up to it and Thomas, well summed it up in the previous sentence...lost opportunity to try something different...

They talk about Thomas being slow which is a load crap when you have a goose at Mitchell & Hodge's speed of foot. Thomas adds grunt down under & that is where it counts. Out for Titch whose stats amount to easy ball gets on the fringe.

Tigaman said:
They talk about Thomas being slow which is a load crap when you have a goose at Mitchell & Hodge's speed of foot. Thomas adds grunt down under & that is where it counts. Out for Titch whose stats amount to easy ball gets on the fringe.

Shed's contested work has been outstanding the last couple of seasons.

gotta feel for the guy. I thought he really took his limited opportunity last week.

Tigaman said:

tigerman said:
Shed's contested work has been outstanding the last couple of seasons.

Feel free to argue amongst yourself. ;D

Came in as insurance, did a job, and straight back out when our quality returned. Well done selection committee, could have very easily left him in and dropped someone else like McIntosh but instead made the right call.

Just read the last couple of pages... we're going to struggle this week without Thomas.