Matt Thomas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Thomas

Re: Pick 42 Matt Thomas

Tigers of Old said:
Beautiful day. Matt's silky skills to be on display.
He's got a reputation of being a wet weather player because the conditions reduce skill, but what they don't alter is hardness at the ball. That's what Matt brings to the table, and with better players around him to give the ball to, he should be a useful addition against Gold Coast. He also wouldn't be playing if Conca hadn't reinjured himself.

Yep after Dimmas comments last week where we were smashed in contested ball against Adelaide this one isn't really a surprise. His VFL form has also been good for a month.

Good luck today Matty. Hit those packs hard and win the contested footy :clap

Came in to cover a hole. Did what he had to do. We're not that bad a team if we can bring in the likes of Thomas when we've got 5 to 7 first team players injured.

The sooner he goes out of the side the sooner we will look threatening in the finals. Stop gap at very best.

Was good - received the very first tap of the game from the first bounce. I'm not surprised how he went.

Another role player - if we need extra inside grunt, he's the guy.

antman said:
Was good - received the very first tap of the game from the first bounce. I'm not surprised how he went.

Yep, and what he showed us today is how much we need another big bodied mid. Thomas isn't the answer but we are crying out for a bit more presence at the stoppages.

I thought he was okay overall. I did like the goal late in the game, although TV may have been dirty on him for pinching the mark.

Tommy H said:
The sooner he goes out of the side the sooner we will look threatening in the finals. Stop gap at very best.

Agree. Not AFL standard. Too stodgy and my God how slow is he???

Treacle like.

antman said:

I think it was to give Milesy a bit of a breather as well Ant. He's been bashed from pillar to post. To get a hard body helping him out might just give Miles a freshener upper for a week or so leading into the pointy end of the season.
Thomas did the job he was asked to do.

willo said:
I think it was to give Milesy a bit of a breather as well Ant. He's been bashed from pillar to post. To get a hard body helping him out might just give Miles a freshener upper for a week or so leading into the pointy end of the season.
Thomas did the job he was asked to do.

Yep. Good management from Dimma and the boys if so Willo. I noticed at times he was playing outside of the ball ups, maybe under instructions to take it easy.