Matt Thomas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Thomas

Re: Pick 42 Matt Thomas

TigerForce said:
Wants to play 2015 finals with us....

Says, "It’s a massive game, they are four points above us on the ladder and this is a great chance for us to draw level with them."

Mmmmm, blockbuster.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Says, "It’s a massive game, they are four points above us on the ladder and this is a great chance for us to draw level with them."

Mmmmm, blockbuster.

:hihi

tigertim said:
Did well in conditions that suited

Exactly. A quintessential wet weather footballer, his lack of footskills aren't as apparent.

Had a good game, in top 25 of our list and that says something also, need more depth, top 15 and were a very good team, need to draft well again...

WET WEATHER SUITED HIM AND HE WAS GOOD FIRST HALF but really struggled after that and gave away some real brain dead frees.

First dropped still for mine. People should look at how second tier mids Foley and Edwards handled teh conditions - cleaner and smarter.

I thought he was ordinary, all he does is bulldoze in packs if thats a prerequisite to get a game then get Arnot in....Thomas credited with 21 possies did he even have clean disposal = NO....Also gave away to many frees and he is sooooo slow im unable to compare to others cause he is just *smile* slow beyond imagination....Does not chase whatsoever, players just sprint away from him so easy....

AstuteTiger said:
I thought he was ordinary, all he does is bulldoze in packs if thats a prerequisite to get a game then get Arnot in....Thomas credited with 21 possies did he even have clean disposal = NO....Also gave away to many frees and he is sooooo slow im unable to compare to others cause he is just *smile* slow beyond imagination....Does not chase whatsoever, players just sprint away from him so easy....
Clearly you are biased, Thomas was very good last night, he was the best first ball winner on the night. Credit where credit is due, he was in our best 5-10 players on the night.

How does he rack up 10 taclkles and 5 1%ers without chasing ?

Btw he was the best before the rain started. He struggled to run out the game but would be an ideal impact sub player.

He is a wrecking ball.

Passes to the players under most pressure.

Nearly took out Rance's knee in last quarter.

Seriously move him on.

Not bad having a player of his ilk on the rookie list.

Its a win IMO if we keep him as a rookie for next year.

this guy and Morris are kind of similar. sometimes there is no regard for what is going on around them. like they have blinkers on. this can be an okay thing, but not always.

He is tuff and hard but that’s all got no pace and has poor skills. Last night the conditions suited him.

jamo said:
He is a wrecking ball.

Passes to the players under most pressure.

Nearly took out Rance's knee in last quarter.

Seriously move him on.
Agreed. He's a classic example of what Brereton referred to last night on SEN when discussing Richmond as a 'jobber'. You bring a limited player like him in for 12, maybe 24 months to fill a need while you develop a younger, better skilled player in the 2's. That's fine for that 1 or 2 years, but when they remain on the list for longer than that they start to take the spot of that younger player with more upside and become a list clogger. The Tigers have too many of them.

CarnTheTiges said:
Agreed. He's a classic example of what Brereton referred to last night on SEN when discussing Richmond as a 'jobber'. You bring a limited player like him in for 12, maybe 24 months to fill a need while you develop a younger, better skilled player in the 2's. That's fine for that 1 or 2 years, but when they remain on the list for longer than that they start to take the spot of that younger player with more upside and become a list clogger. The Tigers have too many of them.

We have them because we had big age gaps on our list. Aadwards falls into the jobber category. 2 years while we blood a newer, younger model. I doubt we'll see Aadwards again after this season.

Tiger68 said:
Clearly you are biased, Thomas was very good last night, he was the best first ball winner on the night. Credit where credit is due, he was in our best 5-10 players on the night.

How does he rack up 10 taclkles and 5 1%ers without chasing ?

Btw he was the best before the rain started. He struggled to run out the game but would be an ideal impact sub player.

Not biased at all everything i said was spot on, mentioned he bulldozes into packs, disposal not clean, gave away to many frees and is super slow if u dont agree thats ur prerogative....
Now are u trying to tell me he chased down players well he didn't as he has zero leg speed, watch the game again seems u need too and please tell me where he even got near a player scooting away....

Just to add bout how did he get 10 tackles, so many players around the contest = multiple stoppages = tackle after tackle tight in the contest = ball up again, it was that type of game where the tackle count was high, even Bachar got in on the act with 5 tackles....

AstuteTiger said:
Not biased at all everything i said was spot on

Nope, you're not even close.

Thomas had a good solid game, held his own, did well.

Baloo said:
Nope, you're not even close.

Thomas had a good solid game, held his own, did well.

Ur entitled to ur opinion Baloo as I am so don't go saying I'm not even close when he is super slow, gave away frees and disposal very average, wat part of that isn't true....