Matt Thomas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Thomas

Re: Pick 42 Matt Thomas

I thought Thomas was alright.

Would I have preferred it if O'H was sub? Yep. Would I have liked to have seen McD be sub instead? Also yep.

In the end, I just cannot understand why Thomas was the sub. By the time he came on, it was a scrimmage and we really needed someone to break some lines and take the game on, something he just isn't able to do.

Here is a thought, play Lids as sub next week. Who knows, he may be pissed off enough to get angry and actually attack every contest he can... hard. Maybe.

Absolutely no impact which is the opposite we need from a sub. Reached the pinnacle as far as his skill set is concerned a few weeks ago so the downward spiral commences.
Any chance of getting Tucky out of retirement?

He certainly is no star, but has a crack more then most an has been far from our worst when in the team...easy target is Thomas....not saying id keep him on the list but can't expect anymore out put from the man himself

Was shocking. He was gone 10 minutes in.
He looked like he ate 12 dim sims on the bench

Interesting tactic to keep him on the sideline until the game slowed to his pace.

Mantikorr said:
Worst. Sub. Ever.

Maybe not the worst but certainly one of the most ill-conceived ones. The complete opposite of the type of player that Matty White was last year in the role. An utterly utterly bizzare selection.

UKTiger said:
Why persist with Thomas? So far today a substandard performance. Not the future so bring on some one else who has a modicum of skill
I agree. Gets plenty of it, but really doesn't use the ball well and has no pace whatsoever.

the goal he kicked was quite strange....

why on earth play him..or newman..get some games into arnott or helbig or lennon or mcdonough

and after vickery,s non game...play elton or griffith

why didnt i go today...and its why im not bothering next week

arlobill said:
why on earth play him..or newman..get some games into arnott or helbig or lennon or mcdonough

and after vickery,s non game...play elton or griffith

why didnt i go today...and its why im not bothering next week

Yep replace him with Arnott next week.

Bit hard to play Griffith however when he is out injured.

artball said:
the goal he kicked was quite strange....
Magnificent evasion by the Eevan to avoid getting his face taken off and allow the ball to skim past for a goal. One of the weirdest shots at goal I've seen for quite a while.

Yep, recon Arnott deserves a call up after another 30 odd possession game, along with a goal, in the ressies today.

Led all comers in clangers. 9 is pretty impressive!