Matt Thomas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Thomas

Re: Pick 42 Matt Thomas

Battler who is too slow for the modern game with ordinary disposal.....never going to take us anywhere...

What really infuriates me is not so much that he gets a game, but that he occupies the plum role in the guts! If we're gonna lose and continually getting smashed in the guts, why don't we at least put some experience into McDonough, Miles or Vlas (when he returns).

I would have preferred a 100pts loss watching McDonough & Miles in the guts than 50 pts with Thomas. Again, I would have gladly taken a win over GWS by 30pts watching these two than a 100pt walloping with Thomas starring.

McDonough had a stinker last night, but your generally confident when he has the pill in his hands. Same can't be said for Thomas. Adds nothing to our side/structure in an immediate and long term sense.

tommygun said:
How does this man get a game!! So called hard man that can't even lay a tackle or protect our mids, absolute joke!!!

Can't lay a tackle? He is the only bloke that knows how too

tommygun said:
How does this man get a game!! So called hard man that can't even lay a tackle or protect our mids, absolute joke!!!
Umm you must be getting confused with Dale Thomas ::)

He can crunch a sitting duck, anything that's a moving target he can't even get a hand on them, not to mention his decision making by foot or hand. Biggest spud on our list!

Not consistent enough or creative enough to be an asset to us. Tackles and that is about it. Sorry just not good enough. Compare his overall performance today with Miles. Chalk and cheese

He wins a lot of hard ball and despite his lack of polish reckon he earns his keep in this particular team.

I thought he was ok, his disposal hadn't appeared to be as bad as many here claim.

The issue is he's too slow in both mind and leg speed. Easy to see that he'd be a star in a lower comp where the speed is not as great. Can't see a future with a player of this type.

Matt Thomas bludged the *smile* out of the Dreamtime game. He was an embarrassment when the ball was more than 5m away. And was not dropped.

He improved a bit against North Melbourne and then got the Khyber. Go figure.

Four weeks in the reserves to learn to chase - or the highway. One month to play for real or sacked. (Politically smart.)

BTW his kicking is a strength. His workrate the other way is Prancing.

I'd rather Thomas than our so called Captain at the moment.

At least he has a crack!

Our sub. Nothing impact.

We want subs to impact and change the game, not plod.