Matt Thomas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Thomas

Re: Pick 42 Matt Thomas

He was hard today and created plenty of clearances.Well done! :clap

We were better for his contested ball winning ability, would have pretty handy last week, he stays in the side until someone can play him out, which won't be for a little while ,

Can never knock the effort he puts in. Just smashed in all day but also tried to run and create a bit.

As a player would still prefer Miles, but I think the leadership he also provides is really good.

JR8 said:
Wow, every post negative.

You must be a barrell of laughs at parties!!!

Turn the channel and look at port Adelaide be a game clear

They have white and schulze and we have Thomas and farmer

kitrino_tj said:
Turn the channel and look at port Adelaide be a game clear

They have white and schulze and we have Thomas and farmer

Haha. Farmer left years ago!

If following the Tigers (which I doubt) is too hard for you, get on the Port bandwagon. ::)

Plays every game like it could be his last, players at stoppages need to back him to win it an come flying thru for the quick dish off

Great game yesty.

Composed with his disposal and put his head in dangerous places.

His downfall is his speed but he showed a bit yesty.

I can't stand players from other clubs, but I don't mind him.
I've always liked players that get their own ball and he does it and does it really well.

can't understand the angst towards Thomas - he's done his job in his role each week he's played - the others have not, he is not the problem.

MalenyTiger said:
can't understand the angst towards Thomas - he's done his job in his role each week he's played - the others have not, he is not the problem.
your right does his job and we can't have a team full of Trent Cotchins

Hes tough, knows how to get hard pill and managed to get 28 possies including 10 tackles. Thats always worth something in my book.

He looked cleaner yesterday, which I guess was somewhat down to the fact there wasnt a lot of opposition pressure.

Thomas still has to fix up his disposal and decision making. But is not a total bust.

MalenyTiger said:

My criticism was his use of the ball which was sometimes shoddy or didn't benefit the side. Gave the impression he didn't know the game plan. In hindsight, neither did anyone else.

MalenyTiger said:

Good comment MT

This blokes moves around out there as we owe him something. Dud of the highest order, down hill skier.

Cant play both him and Jacko realistically BUT of course *smile* can.

You can't knock him for having a go and he certainly does that in spades. My gripe with him is he lacks creativity. He will dig out the ball from the bottom of the pack and then he is bereft of ideas. It won't happen but he should be replaced by Miles who has more of an overall game in style and skill set

He can get the ball and he's got a ton of guts, but once he gets it he cannot use it effectively. I have to give him credit last night for literally putting his balls on the line.

Watch teams back off him and give him space.

A sure sign you can't kick.