Matt Thomas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Thomas

Re: Pick 42 Matt Thomas

lamb22 said:
Time for a visit to SpecSavers.

I dunno, the part about Thomas being a tractor seems about right. Same speed, turning circle, vision and ball handling skills.

Tough crowd, we all loved him after the Carlton game when he stood up late

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Tough crowd, we all loved him after the Carlton game when he stood up late
I have watched the reply twice now and thought that Griff, Pettard and Foley where the ones that stood up in the last five minutes rather than Thomas. Granted he did get the ball to assist in a late score but who passed him the ball from the pack? Foley!

Would've been a great footballer in 2002.

Much prefer Miles in this role. The sooner the better.

Out with a knee so big loss in the boiler house department & that is where it all starts.

Thomas is not our problem I commend him for his efforts it's the others who cannot push him out of the side because they are either poor soft or not good enough don't bag players who commit when they have to and have others in the same side pick and choose.

Thought MT would of got the call up to try and nullify Jones today.

Oh that's right. Richmond have no taggers nor do any of the players step up to protect anyone when they are being tagged.

Thomas smashed it in the VFL today and either him or Miles will come in for Cotchin next week.

Yeah great that's a lot to look forward to. Another recycled shitcart that can't kick.

:partyfest

Still not sure of Thomas's long term career as for all his hard grunt he lacks real creativity. That said he made a real statement with his game today with his hardness and ball winning. Good to see

UKTiger said:
Still not sure of Thomas's long term career as for all his hard grunt he lacks real creativity. That said he made a real statement with his game today with his hardness and ball winning. Good to see

Tempted to leave him in to iron out Heppell.

Well done Matt. 28 possies, 10 tackles, a bit of much needed grunt in the middle. Done me proud.

UKTiger said:

Yep - pleased with his game. His test will come over the next four weeks to see how he goes against pace (Essendon) and perhaps the bigger bodies of Freo and Sydney.

He was even more important today given Jacko's injury.

Don't really rate him that highly as a player, but had a good game today.

However what he provides, as a midfield extractor with grunt and a love for the contest is EXACTLY what we need. A couple more of these types to go with Jacko and Conca, and it'll prevent the likes of Chimp from having to do unnecessary grunt work.

I've been critical... Has so many faults/drawbacks but the things he is good at he did brilliantly today... Great game.

hit more targets today than i'd seen him do.. thought he was great..