Matt Thomas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Thomas

Re: Pick 42 Matt Thomas

Carter said:
yeah nah, not suggesting the fat ass wombat should be dropped. Conca is easily best 18.

hence the need for Thomas and Jacko, the Kray Brothers.

That's funny stuff . Who is Ronnie and who is Reggie?

Carter said:
hence the need for Thomas and Jacko, the Kray Brothers.

Wasn't that the Scott twins nickname? :vomit

What about the Klitschko brothers? :boxing

Hardy Brothers. They play a similar style of game to Matt & Jeff

I hope Thomas runs the game out better this week. He really struggled in the last half against the scum.

crackertiger said:
I hope Thomas runs the game out better this week. He really struggled in the last half against the scum.
Ok, didn't seem to have too much trouble , spreading to receive the handball and setup last goal of the night with a bomb from downtown to dusty ::)

bullus_hit said:
Lets not forget about Miles in all this, Tuck's retirement hasn't been so scary after all.

Miles is the one I'm happy the most we recruited.

Shame about not getting up graded.

crackertiger said:

If his teammates give a bit more he won't be so tired at the end. He was one of very few who actually ran the game out!

Jason King said:
If his teammates give a bit more he won't be so tired at the end. He was one of very few who actually ran the game out!

Yep rather him be tired and put in then come off not tired after not putting in. Any footballer at any level should ask themselves if they believe they put in everything they had when they come off the ground after the siren.

Thought he played well today, has a passion to get the ball when it is in dispute. Only problem is, is his kicking lets him down

mainlandy said:
Thought he played well today, has a passion to get the ball when it is in dispute. Only problem is, is his kicking lets him down

Its the richmond way. The tough guys cant kick, the skilful guys are too soft.

mainlandy said:

Would have thought that is a damn big problem, recruiting a mature age player that can't kick? Tries hard, but certainly makes a mockery of Hardwick's credo when he first came to the club that we won't recruit players with poor kicking skills.

Jason King said:
Nothing wrong with his kicking. Cotchin barfs up worse and he is the golden child. Look elsewhere guys.

Mate he kicked two today in the first quarter right in front of me that were lucky to hit his boot. *smile* woeful.

He goes hard and is a good extractor by my God his kicking is ugly, ugly, ugly.

I swear I remember Hardwick saying something like can't kick won't play when he was first appointed......................

Jason King said:
Nothing wrong with his kicking. Cotchin barfs up worse and he is the golden child. Look elsewhere guys.

Spot on. For a player of his exquisite skill, his disposal is *smile*. Not just in general play, missed 3 goals today from set shots

mainlandy said:
Another Tucky, sees ball, gets ball, doesn't have much of a defensive running game so on turnovers he's slow to man up, very costly when their mids run ahead of him, and puts our defenders under real pressure. He needs to lift or else will win another seconds medal.

Let's be honest. We didn't recruit Thomas for his disposal skills. If you want a hard inside midfielder who can also dispose of the ball you have to look outside the rookie draft. For what Thomas has been recruited for he has done his job admirably this year.

GoodOne said:
Let's be honest. We didn't recruit Thomas for his disposal skills. If you want a hard inside midfielder who can also dispose of the ball you have to look outside the rookie draft. For what Thomas has been recruited for he has done his job admirably this year.

He would be leading our B&F at this minute.
2nd best against GC
Best against Carlton
And he was ok yesterday.
Who would be above him?

His intensity and attitude was the difference between losing by a couple of points and getting done by 60.

He played for the jumper. There were a few on the field that were looking for some early snow in the mountains.

There is something to these guys that give their all but suffer from absolute clangers. Cochin is another one. As long as Thomas keeps getting the pill and giving his all he is an automatic in for mine.