Luke Meehan Richmond Strength & Conditioning Coach Interview | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan Richmond Strength & Conditioning Coach Interview

Pretty sure your correct Billy , he’s older brother Lachy is definitely that or a Chiro ( same to me 😉) he was also at the Crows in some sought of fitness/ physio role
I thought so, too. I remember when he did his knee, people said his physio experience helped him realise how bad it was immediately.

Reactions: 1 user
No further news on where Burgess is going.
Ex Demon Nathan Jones rates Burgess very highly, and says in terms of importance the position of high performance manager is right up there alongside the coach.
With Balmey finishing up, and I'd suggest he won't be replaced, as well as Meehan leaving, we should have room in the Soft Cap to pay top dollar to bring in Burgess.
The Ooze will know him well, get it done RFC.

It was an impressive pump up. If true he's exactly what we need.

He wasnt "let go". Meehan decided to pursue other opportunities. (or something.) :ROFLMAO:

Results dictated he had to go. But we dont know (and in reality the decision makers at the club dont know) what injuries were preventable, what Meehan contributed to and what was just luck.
Gees, even LazyDaze has to point out another of your gullible nuffie comments - yer, I'm going to bother casting an eye over them more because you're irritating.
Sure, his departure was just based on a bad vibe or something like that ... no facts, data, or evidence or analysis would have come into it, belatedly (or maybe from quite early in the disaster of '24!?).
Nah, the club would have just thought, need a new face around here. :confused::unsure:

• Haha
My two bobs worth.

At his presser after the Suns game Yze said that our soft tissue management wasn't good enough. Meehan walked two days later, he had to, he had lost the confidence of the coach.

Reactions: 7 users
My two bobs worth.

At his presser after the Suns game Yze said that our soft tissue management wasn't good enough. Meehan walked two days later, he had to, he had lost the confidence of the coach.
Sounds pretty clear. Probably not causal enough for Brodders though. You're just 'speculatin' :D

My two bobs worth.

Was gone a long time ago…Yze is subtle but effective… he has been at Hawthorn and Melb while they won premierships. He’s no fool. Probably surprised how inept we are in some areas including leadership at all levels. Richmond 2017 to 2020 isn’t Richmond of today in particular when it comes to leadership. He will fix that.

Reactions: 3 users
Shane Dunne: "we are going to be developing and growing our high performance area over the coming weeks"

Reactions: 15 users
Are we still chasing Darren Burgess from Adelaide?

Andrew Russell has left Carlton after all their soft tissue problems in the back half of the season. He was supposed to be a guru but Blues lost patience with him.

Last edited:
What a get.
Carlton seem ruthless in their pursuit of the best available.
RFC needs to up the ante.

What they should of been ruthless about was sacking Voss and getting dimma when they had the chance

Thankfully for us that did not happen