Luke Meehan Richmond Strength & Conditioning Coach Interview | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan Richmond Strength & Conditioning Coach Interview

Has RFC actually advertised for the position?
Anyone see anything on LinkedIn?
If we haven't advertised, maybe we've already head-hunted someone who is still active with a team in the finals.
Given Meehan left straight after the season, I wouldn't be shocked if we had our bases already covered.

Reactions: 4 users
If we haven't advertised, maybe we've already head-hunted someone who is still active with a team in the finals.
Given Meehan left straight after the season, I wouldn't be shocked if we had our bases already covered.
Someone on BF says we already targeted the person. Who knows who and if it's true.

Reactions: 1 user
Who was Meehan's 2IC?

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
It’s not the role you advertise. It’s the role you target specific people

Reactions: 4 users
Who was Meehan's 2IC?
Given his lower leg has been bandaged for the last 20 Years, I'd say Tiger Stripes Dyer!
Ha. I am easily amused.

Don't know Wombat.
We need a very good operator.
What happened this Year simply cannot be repeated.

No further news on where Burgess is going.
Ex Demon Nathan Jones rates Burgess very highly, and says in terms of importance the position of high performance manager is right up there alongside the coach.
With Balmey finishing up, and I'd suggest he won't be replaced, as well as Meehan leaving, we should have room in the Soft Cap to pay top dollar to bring in Burgess.
The Ooze will know him well, get it done RFC.

Articles say prob off to Cartoon. Come on Tigers hook in
This is the most important role at Richmond at the moment.
Our younger players (1-3 years) are nowhere near fit enough.
Think Brown, Smith, Banks, Tresize, Dow, Ralphsmith, Mansell, Bauer, Lefau, Green, Clarke, Campbell, Coulthard, McAuliffe, Sonsie.
Even Ryan, Colina, Hayes-Brown, Gibcus, Young, Balta, Miller, Fawcett, Kositschi.
Not to mention probably at least half a dozen recruits this year.
I think that list of players should be enough to tempt any fitness boss to imprint his influence as a challenge to anyone.
He's not really going to impact the aging Carlton list as much as he can at Richmond.

The right person could set up our team for the next five years at least.
Yze should be pushing this as hard as he can, it's his most critical position.

Reactions: 3 users
Doesn’t have to be Burgess, so long as it's a quality replacement.

Reactions: 6 users
Given his lower leg has been bandaged for the last 20 Years, I'd say Tiger Stripes Dyer!
Ha. I am easily amused.

Don't know Wombat.
We need a very good operator.
What happened this Year simply cannot be repeated.
Isn’t stripes going to the suns?

• Haha
The right person could set up our team for the next five years at least.
Yze should be pushing this as hard as he can, it's his most critical position.
Forgot to mention that the right person would also help immensely with the correct training load for aging players like Short, Broad, Vlastuin, Prestia, MacIntosh, Nankervis, Lynch.
If someone with the length of Jones career can see the improvement then so should all those older players.
Even Taranto and Hopper could do with an alternative, improved fitness base.
AND the return to fitness off long-term, structural injuries of Gibcus, Clarke, Young, Lefau, Lynch

So yeah, EVERY player on our list.
BIG challenge there Burgo.

Last edited:
D Kellaway was there in some fitness role
From what I can see Ben Serpell is head of Perfomance.

Ben is the Performance Coach at Geelong FC. With extensive experience working in elite environments across Europe and Australia, Ben has demonstrated success collaborating with a range of high-performing teams and individuals in professional and international Rugby (Brumbies Rugby, NSW Waratahs, Munster Rugby, Gloucester Rugby, Wallabies), Australian Rules football (Port Adelaide Power, Geelong Cats), individual athletes (Ellyse Perry, Maitlin Brown), and high-performance consultancy for physical, coach, and high-performance program development in Olympic Sports (Australian Institute of Sport, Cycling Australia, Australian Taekwondo)