Luke Meehan Richmond Strength & Conditioning Coach Interview | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan Richmond Strength & Conditioning Coach Interview

rise to your level of incompetence

do think a certain amount of technical knowledge helps build vision , visions that can work
Yep spot on.

It’s not like your technical knowledge is a waste.

It’s just that that’s not your job anymore.

It should give you an insight into how others are doing their jobs so is definitely a plank. As you say can also help sense check and/or inform a strategy.

Certainly as a leader if I know I’m incompetent in a technical area I need a trusted advisor to do that so it’s inefficient vs having that expertise. But also needing to be a technical expert at everything as a leader and not being able to manage / delegate effectively is a recipe for failure.

Reactions: 1 users
Who’s making these dumb decisions? We’ve got just about everything wrong since 2020. Meehan, Yze, Samson etc.

The decision makers need to be looked at.
We've got to get rid of Livo as he's become stale , fat and lazy. I'm cutting Yze some slack if the players are wanting out because of Meehan. Any wonder there was so much disharmony among our boys this year. Yze will need to be judged at the end of next year as having a poorly prepared side and health managed poorly is not the coach's fault. He basically had no hope winning games and getting two wins may have been an over achievement. Let's ride out another Yze year before we sharpen the daggers. S&C is really the most important area in any high contact/impact Sports and we failed miserably for 2 years. Gale should also hang his head in shame for not stepping in at the end of last season as the incompetence and negligence was obvious to most outsiders viewing in.

Reactions: 1 user
You might find the players actually wanted Meehan to stay. They have very little issue with him.

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
You might find the players actually wanted Meehan to stay. They have very little issue with him.
Lynch didn't. How would this be? Surely the players would be frustrated with the maintenance.

And we would know hey........

Well I think the size of the injury list (not including impact injuries) The ongoing issue of the length of time for recovery & the number of reoccurring injuries is a pretty strong indication there's something not quite in that department.

Meehan has been the 'Physical Performance Manager' for 2 years ....

that's about how long our 'physical problems' have been around ...

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah and once we find out who that is we should find out who appointed that person and sack him as well. Then we can find out who appointed that person and sack him …but that could be Benny and he’s going anyway :unsure:

There isn’t a manager around anywhere who hasn’t at some stage made a mistake appointing someone, I know I have. The key when that happens is to realise it and fix it whilst being fair in your treatment of that person.

Sounds like that’s what happened
Personally i think we should boot O'Rourke just we can re-appoint Peggy. Then we can fire her.

We all want Meehan to go, and in reality he had to. but really there is no way for us to judge how well he has done his job and whether or not he was a good appointment at the time.

We all want Meehan to go, and in reality he had to. but really there is no way for us to judge how well he has done his job and whether or not he was a good appointment at the time.

Eh?

His results and the fact he was immediately let go after the season finished, tells us plenty on how well (or not) he did his job.

Reactions: 8 users
Personally i think we should boot O'Rourke just we can re-appoint Peggy. Then we can fire her.

yep.

I like the way we do things now, we tend to ignore the noise and do things quietly . We don't have to blow the place up, apart from anything else good people don't like to work in organisations that do that. However we do need to make changes and it appears we are but we do it in a very structured and professional manner.

Reactions: 5 users
Yze wouldn't be on massive coin so we should be able to hunt the best person. Hawthorn took Burge off us. Let's ask the question of the best in the AFL and other sports.

HK could be making it up. and they could be making up all their training reports, club insights etc.
But i doubt it.
Definitely making it up as it was reported players weren't happy and then he was Rissoled out of the place. If players were happy which is improbable then he would've been employed still. How anyone can be defending Meehan makes me ill .

Eh?

His results and the fact he was immediately let go after the season finished, tells us plenty on how well (or not) he did his job.
He wasnt "let go". Meehan decided to pursue other opportunities. (or something.) :ROFLMAO:

Results dictated he had to go. But we dont know (and in reality the decision makers at the club dont know) what injuries were preventable, what Meehan contributed to and what was just luck.

Eh?

We can make that assumption and it may well be true but if he reads social media it was probably doing his head in anyway.

He may have been let go, he may have decided to leave himself or maybe it was just a mutual agreement. We don't know and tbh that is exactly the way it should be.