Luke Meehan Richmond Strength & Conditioning Coach Interview | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan Richmond Strength & Conditioning Coach Interview

Surely we would’ve been approaching his replacement a couple of months ago, we would need to appoint the successor pretty quickly I would’ve thought!

Reactions: 1 users
Nah. Probably shouldn't have taken the role, or worded up the club that he was over his head as the lead fitness staff member.

Second fiddle, seems to have been already, but appeared to be a disaster from the get-go when in charge.*

*As appears from an uneducated punter on the outside of 'the four walls'.

Over his head like Yze as you will find end of next year.

Reactions: 1 user
Who’s making these dumb decisions? We’ve got just about everything wrong since 2020. Meehan, Yze, Samson etc.

The decision makers need to be looked at.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Peter principle.

Leading a team is a very different set of skills to being a technical expert. The latter helps with credibility, with rookies under your care and general competence to enforce accountability. But that’s about where it ends.

Meehan was a disaster in this role, and now he's gone, but who appointed him?

That persons head should roll as well, given how terrible the decision to appoint him was.
Yeah and once we find out who that is we should find out who appointed that person and sack him as well. Then we can find out who appointed that person and sack him …but that could be Benny and he’s going anyway :unsure:

There isn’t a manager around anywhere who hasn’t at some stage made a mistake appointing someone, I know I have. The key when that happens is to realise it and fix it whilst being fair in your treatment of that person.

Sounds like that’s what happened

Reactions: 12 users
Meehan was a disaster in this role, and now he's gone, but who appointed him?

That persons head should roll as well, given how terrible the decision to appoint him was.

And the head of the person who appointed the person who appointed Meehan should roll too!

eDit - Sin beat me to it.

Besides, it's a panel of people who decide who gets appointed. Dumb idea and not conducive to a good culture.

Reactions: 2 users
We dont need good culture, we need to be ruthless!
Eat them who dont work!

Peter principle.

Leading a team is a very different set of skills to being a technical expert. The latter helps with credibility, with rookies under your care and general competence to enforce accountability. But that’s about where it ends.
rise to your level of incompetence

do think a certain amount of technical knowledge helps build vision , visions that can work

Reactions: 1 users