Luke Meehan Richmond Strength & Conditioning Coach Interview | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan Richmond Strength & Conditioning Coach Interview

Definitely making it up as it was reported players weren't happy and then he was Rissoled out of the place. If players were happy which is improbable then he would've been employed still. How anyone can be defending Meehan makes me ill .
I have it direct from a couple of players, so no, not made up.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I have it direct from a couple of players, so no, not made up.
hahaha he got the arse mate. A couple doesn't make everyone. Must of been Lynch or Gibcus? lol
As if anyone is going to bag him out to a fan anyway. A couple of players told me they couldn't wait to see the back of him . lol lol lol

Last edited:
  • Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
So who’s writing the off season training plan for each individual player. Meehan??? The bloke we just sacked.
And surely preparing the pre season training schedule would have already started as well. Who’s running this thing!

Reactions: 1 user
Results dictated he had to go. But we dont know (and in reality the decision makers at the club dont know) what injuries were preventable, what Meehan contributed to and what was just luck.

No way.

Livingstone and Co would have done a full review of our entire physical performance program and determined (and would now know) if Meehan was performing in his role. Part of that would be around injury prevention and his impact on it.

First day after season finished he is gone.

C'mon Brodders. Smell the roses.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Substandard for two years now our S and C. Medical staff need a review also as we seem to take longer to heal in most soft tissue injuries.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I wonder if we have spoken to Darren Burgess?

Word earlier in the year was he wanted to head back to Melbourne.

Reactions: 1 user
No way.

Livingstone and Co would have done a full review of our entire physical performance program and determined (and would now know) if Meehan was performing in his role. Part of that would be around injury prevention and his impact on it.

First day after season finished he is gone.

C'mon Brodders. Smell the roses.
Im not trying to defend Meehan, but he is no longer working for us because of the results, not because of how good he is at his job. There is a correlation between the 2, not necessarily causation.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Im not trying to defend Meehan, but he is no longer working for us because of the results, not because of how good he is at his job. There is a correlation between the 2, not necessarily causation.

Umm...No.

The results are because he wasn't enough good at his job.

unless you believe the volume of soft tissue injuries (and the repeat of them) was just dumb luck.

which the club have reviewed and obviously determined it wasn't.

We aren't in the habit of getting rid of people because of media or supporter pressure. It will be because of facts.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Disagree. It is possible. it may even be probable. But no one can know for sure any injuries were the result of Meehan's input.

How often did a 2 week injury turn into a 2 month one. That says mismanagement to me.

It didn't happen when Burge was in charge. Look at how well the Hawks are going atm.

Reactions: 4 users