Kane McAuliffe | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane McAuliffe

Yeah he's a bit like dating the hottest girl in north-west tassie Harold.

you think she's a 9/10. But when you move to the mainland you realise she was only a 6.

He's over hyped a bit because he's the best of an average lot.
He’s hyped because he came into the club and from word go dominated games in the VFL, including pantsing highly rated opposition draftees like Graham from the Suns.
Overhyped? Not sure you see beauty when it stares you in the face

Reactions: 1 users
He got more uncontested than contested 10 years out of 16.
But really who cares what other people think or believe? He’s a triple premiership captain who led his team by example.
We and his teammates know his worth. All the others can gagf.

Correct!!!

But those of us who stuck fat and were strong on him to stay on as captain after 16' win extra Chimp points!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Correct!!!

But those of us who stuck fat and were strong on him to stay on as captain after 16' win extra Chimp points!!!
Angry Point GIF by Adult Swim

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah he's a bit like dating the hottest girl in north-west tassie Harold.

you think she's a 9/10. But when you move to the mainland you realise she was only a 6.

He's over hyped a bit because he's the best of an average lot.
Lucky Mcauliffe ain’t from Tassie!!

Not to mention Cotchin really had to change his game up after...4 seasons maybe? To begin impacting games. He got heavily criticised for getting cheap stats and not being hard enough.

The point is players grow into champions, it's rare a Reid or Martin is born, give Mac2 a chance to grow.
Was only 2016 when Cotch was trying to be a give n go overlap player that he got accused of stat padding. Always was an attacking hunter bar that one season

Our best player at the moment is arguably Shai. In his first two years he played 8 games total and averaged just 9 possessions. We are asking these newbies to perform the same as 100 game players in their first or second season. This rarely happens. Have some patience.
Says it all Mole. FMD even a talent like Shai struggled to get a kick playing surrounded by talent. Yet some are expecting our youngsters now to fill their boots when all our cream has curdled and half our players can't even get on the field.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Can't say i ever heard anyone call for Boltons head he always showed he had that touch of excitement about him.
He always looked like he would be what he is.

As far as i can see we have played just two babies this year Campbell and McAuliffe and i see nothing but praise being heaped on them.
There is noone expecting them to perform like 100 gamers.

Most of their games have been underwhelming but they show good signs and we know they will be better for the experience.
Despite it being a tough caper to learn they show enough.

Smith and Green other babies dont count they got about 10 minutes game time between them by the way How anyone could criticise their games would be stupidity..

Surely when we assess we don't ignore things like age a 21 yo is different to a 18yo. A year one player is different to a year three or four player.
Player type, height the role and of course your looking for upward trends in improvement or incremental improvement.
Then there is obvious chronic deficiency that many players have.

People are calling out for kids like Smith and Trezise to play not in front of other kids but badly performing mature players.

The expectation is not that they will dominate but they will get games and learn.

To expect zero criticism of performance is folly as well .

When there is stagnation or little incremental improvement then it its time to call it out No one is asking for bog games just that they play at a high enough level for where they are at.

Can't say i ever heard anyone call for Boltons head he always showed he had that touch of excitement about him.
He always looked like he would be what he is.

As far as i can see we have played just two babies this year Campbell and McAuliffe and i see nothing but praise being heaped on them.
There is noone expecting them to perform like 100 gamers.

Most of their games have been underwhelming but they show good signs and we know they will be better for the experience.
Despite it being a tough caper to learn they show enough.

Smith and Green other babies dont count they got about 10 minutes game time between them by the way How anyone could criticise their games would be stupidity..

Surely when we assess we don't ignore things like age a 21 yo is different to a 18yo. A year one player is different to a year three or four player.
Player type, height the role and of course your looking for upward trends in improvement or incremental improvement.
Then there is obvious chronic deficiency that many players have.

People are calling out for kids like Smith and Trezise to play not in front of other kids but badly performing mature players.

The expectation is not that they will dominate but they will get games and learn.

To expect zero criticism of performance is folly as well .

When there is stagnation or little incremental improvement then it its time to call it out No one is asking for bog games just that they play at a high enough level for where they are at.
Tom Brown looks like a 200 Gamer IMO

Reckon it's a myth (even Richmond supporters seem to roll it out) about Chimps cheap possessions.

From game 1 he was the hardest player at the ball in the team.

He went through a small patch through 2016 where he would get the "run around" kick - But other than that earnt his possessions more than any other player at Richmond, and possibly the league.

For proof - Have a look at this contested possessions ratio here:

Chimp getting cheapies is a Lie. A myth!!!!!
In Trent's first few games the forums were going nuts over him
from the tv footage , I was happy but not onbaord the hype

then got to see Us V Lions at Docklands
Trent was free between Half back and wing
an awful scrubby kick went his way , but saw him out numbered 3 to 1
50 + mtrs to the next Richmond player
he ran like a figure 8 pattern to evade the Lions players
managed a bounce , finally one Richmond player belatedly come towards the contest from the centre
Cotch hit him with a bullet handpass that covered 40 mtrs
that night had many highlights , it was the game we were 39 pts down close to 3/4 qtr and won
the crowd lifted the roof off :)
Richo was on a wing till the last qtr then to full forward ? 3 goals in the last

but that effort to evade was seriously good , and that handpass seriously good
I was sold and the rest is history

Reactions: 6 users
Tom Brown looks like a 200 Gamer IMO
Has shown steady improvement still inconsistent with a lot of work to do size strength.
Thought his last couple he has struggled. Would not mind just changing it a bit, give him a bit of freedom with a gallop on the wing.

In fact given where we are at move Rioli and him to the wings which allows Trezise and Smith games across hb.

He got more uncontested than contested 10 years out of 16.
But really who cares what other people think or believe? He’s a triple premiership captain who led his team by example.
We and his teammates know his worth. All the others can gagf.
His contested/uncontested were pretty even his whole career, maybe at worst on average 2 disposals different a game in a season. Pretty weird discussion being had. I was in awe first time I saw Cotch play. He did a couple of things not many could do. McAuliffe is no Cotch but I have seen enough at VFL level to see knows how to get the hard ball, use it well and defend going the other way. Needs to keep playing AFL level.

Reactions: 4 users
Hopefully just to get a couple of weeks of full game time and get his hands in it again before coming back to seniors to close out the year.

Sonsie and cumbo lucky though

Devils advocate here, maybe the coaches see that the jump to AFL is right on his limit at the moment and it’s better to let him develop under less pressure at VFL.

Reactions: 9 users