James Trezise | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

James Trezise

Move the magnets around & get him in the 1st 22. He deserves it & the team needs his type.

Reactions: 3 users
Perhaps Yze doesn't value competitive types who can win a contest.

Reactions: 2 users
I get it mate.

I've put elsewhere, I'd like to bring him in (immediately) down back, and potentially move Short up forward or Rioli to a wing to get some speed in the middle.

Yze seems conservative though, so I don't think he's finished if he doesn't get in.
I reckon Banks is getting a full game this week which will make it difficult to bring in Trezise as well.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
I reckon Banks is getting a full game this week which will make it difficult to bring in Trezise as well.
Difficult, yes. I agree.

From a selfish perspective though, we've got nothing to gain from the season now, accept getting games into less experienced types.
I realise we need to remain competitive. Any mod here will be praying that we are. The sourness with our performance is...noticeable. I think the general gist though is, why be uncompetitive with veterans who are below their best? At least try something new.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Why would it be difficult to bring in an inform player when we have so many out of form in the seniors? Sorry i don't get the logic.

There are probably 9 players you could drop based on form effort and effectiveness.

If Martin and Prestia are fit then they are gonna play. Smith and Trezise really must be rewarded for continued good form.
Jacob Bauer i would bring in for Cumberland. What does Yze expect playing Cumberland as a marking option.

Drop who you like there are plenty of contenders for the axe.

play him on the wing or forward. Natural competitor. Would have a crack.

Reactions: 3 users
He did what he wanted at will on Sunday. Not sure he even had an opponent. He's the goods. Has to get a game.
I thought he was supposed to be a defender. Not sure we need another loose man in defense.

This sounds like an argument for him not to get a game. Especially when playing against the fourths

I thought he was supposed to be a defender. Not sure we need another loose man in defense.

This sounds like an argument for him not to get a game. Especially when playing against the fourths
He is a defender, that's just how it felt watching that particular game. But I wouldn't say that was his operandi in previous games, he's soundly beaten opponents. And certainly wasn't the 2 times he played AFL. Thoroughly deserves to be selected imo but it means making a tough decision (well not really tough imo) on one of the more senior players

He is a defender, that's just how it felt watching that particular game. But I wouldn't say that was his operandi in previous games, he's soundly beaten opponents. And certainly wasn't the 2 times he played AFL. Thoroughly deserves to be selected imo but it means making a tough decision (well not really tough imo) on one of the more senior players
Drop Short and give Brown or Banks or Sonsie the rebounding role. Easy, but Yze won't make the easy call. Let's get someone that can actually defend into the side.

Reactions: 4 users
Short forward and Jimmy to the backline needs to happen even rioli forward or to the midfield or wing so smith can come in as well. These kids need to be played now ooze you said in your presser you would play them dont waste the year you spanner crab

Reactions: 1 user

Played as Forward in the bush growing up. RFC teaches players to learn the defensive side of their game first . It's a 2 year apprenticeship. ;) :)

Just to allay your concerns about his one-on-one defensive ability, a couple of the recent VFL reports from Morris:

James Trezise (11 disposals, 82% disposal efficiency, two rebound-50s)

“James was one of the most influential players on the ground. We gave him the really difficult task of matching up on Billy Gowers, the leading goalkicker in the competition, and he blanketed Billy entirely, keeping him to three touches in three quarters and forcing him to be moved to half-back in the last quarter. He's a player with immense talent and showed once again on Friday night that he's more than happy to put the team first.”

James Trezise (16 disposals, 88% disposal efficiency, six rebound-50s)

“James once again showed the sort of form that he is in. He just continued to get the job done throughout the day. A few times in the last quarter when we were under the pump he was in one-on-one contests and was able to halve or win those contests and get the ball going back our way to help shift momentum in the game.”