Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Played his role well again & kicked 2. Offered good aerial competitiveness which totally suits our smalls & if he can continue to limit players like Lever, Carlisle etc like he did last year he will be very important

easy said:
I love towner. I love what he brings, which is essentially fear, pain, and goals.

Me too. My favourite highlight of the GF was him putting Crouch into the fence. If I was playing along side him, that would inspire me.

turk-d-tiger said:
The strange thing is that we all probably consider Townsend 'too small' to be that legitimate 2nd tall kpf as he is only 187cm and 90 kgs
dermie was 186cm & 93 kgs

Jacob needs to work on the fro mullet(there's three inches there), develop a turkey strut and put the blonde rinse in.

loved his game tonight

at the 3/4 time break, after dusty had a go at Preuss, Jacob walks straight up to and through Preuss ..............

then the start of final quarter Jacob starts at the high centre halfback position ....................ball up .......... then Jacob runs off the line right into the first contest and cleans up some poor north player, who drops the ball .turn over .goal Richmond!!

I expect more of this from Jacob this year ............running off the backline!!

here we go!!! :hihi

“He’s the toughest player playing AFL ... there’s no one tougher,” Brereton told SEN’s The Run Home Monday afternoon. “He will do anything for you and (will do) anything asked of him"

He’s got such an unassuming look but the kid is an old fashoined brick shithouse

Ghost of Punt Road said:
I elevated him to legend status last night. Incredible player. Field kicks brilliant and everything else better.

What a bit of luck & confidence has done for the kid. Damn awesome !

nswtiger said:
loved his game tonight

at the 3/4 time break, after dusty had a go at Preuss, Jacob walks straight up to and through Preuss ..............

then the start of final quarter Jacob starts at the high centre halfback position ....................ball up .......... then Jacob runs off the line right into the first contest and cleans up some poor north player, who drops the ball .turn over .goal Richmond!!

I expect more of this from Jacob this year ............running off the backline!!

here we go!!! :hihi

That wasnt any player NSW, that was Jack Zeibel, one of the toughest pricks going around.

Jake managed to maim Turner, Higgins and Zeibel in a practice game.

I was really hoping he got Garner too.

Its like hes cast from iron. He bounces up from collision after collision while the other blokes are groaning and praying their sternum isnt split in two.

The term weapon is bandied around, but Jake is one of the most lethal weapons ive seen on a footy field.

If I wasnt so committed to 17 on my back, I think I'd be ironing on 21

easy said:
I was really hoping he got Garner too.

I was really wanting that too easy, Garner needs a bit of attitude adjustment and Towner's just the guy to do it.

Ok the question beckons, which Carlton player do we want Towner to iron out in rnd1?

I'll go Cripps when he rests forward, (even for Towner that will be a tough task as Cripps is a beast himself)

caesar said:
Ok the question beckons, which Carlton player do we want Towner to iron out in rnd1?

I'll go Cripps when he rests forward, (even for Towner that will be a tough task as Cripps is a beast himself)

Yep and when he has done that, Silvagni and then a welcome to AFL footy for McKay if he gets a game.

caesar said:

We can only pick one?

caesar said:

Paddy Dow. One of Jack Grahams biggest threats for the RS.