Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

JR8 said:
Ha, spaghetti arms Lever! Not the most physically imposing specimen!!

Towner put that pansy in his place.

Apparently Lever fancies himself in the boxing ring, but after qtr time of the grand final he has retired from any physical contact sports.
Townsend bounced lever around like a volley ball.

Deserving of his extension.

1 year is fair. If he continues on his late season form you should see him earn another extension.

NSW Tiger be proud of your boy.

Mr September

Like how Towner forced his way into a Premiership side, and he's fully deserving of his medal and the extension, but we do have to remember that he did it for 5 games and it was an all or nothing shot. Plenty haven't been able to keep that sort of form going and the one year extension will keep him on his toes and continue to perform.

You have to hand it to the selectors on this one. When Caddy went down I was expecting Lloyd to come in and if not him then Lennon. Townsend was a real surprise to me when he was picked but clearly the people at the club knew far more than me. (which is comforting)

Sintiger said:
You have to hand it to the selectors on this one. When Caddy went down I was expecting Lloyd to come in and if not him then Lennon. Townsend was a real surprise to me when he was picked but clearly the people at the club knew far more than me. (which is comforting)

Yes I agree

well done Jacob

1 year locked away .with a number of getable KPI on your Contract will see Mr sept at Tigerland for another year after that!!

every backman/defender in the league is sleeping less these days knowing he will be BACK next year!!!

:hihi :hihi

After 15-odd more viewings, JT just keeps getting better. Had a look at his stats, they don't reflect the work he did or the impact he had, even though they aren't bad. Conspicuously there is no stat for front-on smashings. Just hitting a pack sledgehammer-hard, if the player he smashes into happens to have the ball, tackle, if not, just a barge or crash into them, almost like a now-outlawed NRL shoulder charge. I've been meaning to count up his front-on pack smashes, my guess would be 3? Each has more impact than your average tackle. But I get excited watching the game and forget. I will do it.

tigersnake said:
After 15-odd more viewings, JT just keeps getting better. Had a look at his stats, they don't reflect the work he did or the impact he had, even though they aren't bad. Conspicuously there is no stat for front-on smashings. Just hitting a pack sledgehammer-hard, if the player he smashes into happens to have the ball, tackle, if not, just a barge or crash into them, almost like a now-outlawed NRL shoulder charge. I've been meaning to count up his front-on pack smashes, my guess would be 3? Each has more impact than your average tackle. But I get excited watching the game and forget. I will do it.

good post. If Towner can string a whole season together, the AFL will change the rules.

Dermie's assessment was spot on way back.

Towner is the most brutal man in footy.

easy said:
good post. If Towner can string a whole season together, the AFL will change the rules.

if he keeps doing it regularly, they actually could. I thought that.

I was on a plane yesterday and had a spare hour and had forgotten to take any reading material.
Have watched the second half a lot lately so I had a close look at the second quarter.
Gee, what an arm-wrestle it was. We were at them totally ... you could see the Crows players were on early but we just wore them down as the quarter progressed.

I remember at the game being surprised at the end of the quarter to realise they hadn't kicked a goal.
They had a few good chances early and muffed them both and from then on our defense stood tall.
And the quarter seemed to go forever as they threatened the goals but never scored in those last few minues.

While watching it I was wondering if there is any one moment that defined where the tide turned most and it has to be *that* tackle on the southern stand wing.
Then in the next few minutes he kicks a goal and later does that "flip" tackle in the middle of the ground. It gave a way a free kick but also sent a message.
Truth be told that tackle on the wing could have been in-the-back too but it wouldn't have mattered.
Adelaide players started to think twice after that.

Even if Townsend doesnt do another thing whilst at Tigerland, That crunching tackle on crouch was worth every dime we paid him in his time with us.

I just went Ohhhhhh that hurt when watching it and still think that crouch would be feeling that crunch 2 months later

* Lever hyper ventilating during the scare crow stance was another moment i'll never forget - What a tosser

turk-d-tiger said:
Even if Townsend doesnt do another thing whilst at Tigerland, That crunching tackle on crouch was worth every dime we paid him in his time with us.

I just went Ohhhhhh that hurt when watching it and still think that crouch would be feeling that crunch 2 months later

* Lever hyper ventilating during the scare crow stance was another moment i'll never forget - What a tosser
Every time I see it I love it. The slo mo shows how hard Towner really hit him too.