Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Any player willing to sign one year shows he has no confidence in his ability.
If he's happy with one year, delist him

se7en said:

I disagree mate. Maybe it shows he has confidence that it will be renewed.
I'm sure Grigg has been on a one year contract for a couple of years.
Other players have as well. I remember Brent Guerra and maybe a few others saying it kept them on the edge to perform, rather than have a multi year contract, that they could "relax" a bit more

se7en said:

i'd say the opposite, if he is happy to sign a 1yr it suggests he is backing himself to get another year. or he has no other options.

players who walk cos they are only 1 year clearly dont have the confidence to back themselves to earn another contract.

se7en said:
Geez, its good fishing season....

Brodders17 said:
i'd say the opposite, if he is happy to sign a 1yr it suggests he is backing himself to get another year. or he has no other options.

players who walk cos they are only 1 year clearly dont have the confidence to back themselves to earn another contract.

Agree, eg:Grigg early last year, was hoping for the same for 2017. He didn't care he would be yr to yr contract. He wanted to stay at the club. He got it in the end and was rapt. Now a premiership player.

achillesjones said:
Minimum 2 years for mine.
I agree .........2 years ............with the option of a 10 year contract after that!! :hihi :hihi

he is a big time player

If he is confident in accepting a one year deal to me it means he can maximise the bidding war next year for his services after he proves he isn't a five game wonder.

This sort of contract doesn't always work in the club's favour.

Weren't they saying in this trade period that clubs will tend to pay more in salary to out of contract players since they don't have to give up picks to the club as well as $$ to the player.

Townsend should have kicked three in the GF but gave one to (who missed).
He is the third forward we have not had for many years.
Ideal finals player.
Been a revelation and full credit to him.
I think he will offer plenty in the years ahead and will get a bigger and longer contract next year.

tigertim said:
Can’t wait to watch them again! It’ll be my tenth time!

Well, if you ever get bored of them let me know.
I'll send you a copy of the Grand Final

One year is fine.

He could be that player that played a few good games, and many people forget - or he could consistently bring that game week after week - then get offered a better contract next year.

23.21.159 said:
According to his wikipedia page he is the first "inaugural Giant" to win a premiership medal.
Is that true?
Quite a feather in our cap methinks.
Inaugural? Don’t think so. I think technically that would be Chad Cornes?

DirtyDogTiger said:
Only if they are back dating premierships.
Did you research that or did you just know it?
I must fess, I checked the 2012 GWS to see if JT was the inaugural Giant to win a flag.