Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

taraba said:
His tackle and Lambert's mark in the last quarter were two of my cherished moments in the game. Both these guys were fantastic during the finals especially. Real heart and soul players. But that one tackle was for me quite pivotal. I really do think it started the rot for Adelaide. It was brutal.

Agreed.

Baron Samedi said:
Does anyone else think Towner got us going in the second quarter?

Yes. Was important in the 2nd and turned the game for us.

no doubt in my mind
he turned the game for us in the second!!

he was made for sept!! :hihi

nswtiger said:
no doubt in my mind

I thought you were a fruitloop re Towner but boy was I wrong.

Well done nsw. Good call.

:clap

I'm sure it has been discussed. but once again then... Jacob Townsend's 2nd Q in the GF was unreal. watch it again... and rewind each time you see JT on the screen to see what he did before he got there. Just huge hit early in centre square: that hurt... the shepherd, another hit (little hurt), the free-kick against (almost hurt), THE TACKLE on M. Crouch (hurt and got the boys up & about again), the free-kick for, THE CLUTCH GOAL of the SEASON at a time it was SO needed, the IN YOUR FACE on Lever.... the shepherd, the bad-assness! the... bang!

Another player who was a cert for delisting at seasons end but fate gave him a chance and he has showcased the rewards of working so hard on his game when that chance came. Now he is one of our premiership hero's and so untouchable. Shows what hard work and belief can do.

Flea74 said:
I'm sure it has been discussed. but once again then... Jacob Townsend's 2nd Q in the GF was unreal. watch it again... and rewind each time you see JT on the screen to see what he did before he got there. Just huge hit early in centre square: that hurt... the shepherd, another hit (little hurt), the free-kick against (almost hurt), THE TACKLE on M. Crouch (hurt and got the boys up & about again), the free-kick for, THE CLUTCH GOAL of the SEASON at a time it was SO needed, the IN YOUR FACE on Lever.... the shepherd, the bad-assness! the... bang!

Great post Flea, i love him, he's a winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRWlnv0_svU

Brettstigers said:
He'll never leave the forward line while he is taking marks and is so accurate in front of goals AND is doing a lock down job on a great opposition defender. Often players will do one or the other Townsend is doing both. Bloody brilliant.

The military style attack/tackling is a bonus and the elite general forward pressure which he brings is simply a given for the Tigers grand final forward line.
Good summary , he will work like mad to hold that spot

Flea74 said:

Towner's tackle on Crouch was an act of absolute beauty and brutality. He hit so hard and fast it gave Crouch whiplash

Flea74 said:
Lever *smile* himself when Towner came at him. He'll be right at home at Melbourne.

nswtiger said:
no doubt in my mind

One of the better calls I have seen on here.

willo said:
Towner's tackle on Crouch was an act of absolute beauty and brutality. He hit so hard and fast it gave Crouch whiplash

That and Lambert's goal are my two favourite moments in the GF.

btoz_01 said:
When are we re-signing Jacob Mr :cupgold September Townsend ?

Apparently Tigers are just finding out what carpenter salaries are currently and going to offer him 10% more to ensure he doesn't leave.

tigerlove said:
Apparently Tigers are just finding out what carpenter salaries are currently and going to offer him 10% more to ensure he doesn't leave.

Good thing he's not a plumber, he'd be on more than Dusty...

Icing on the cake. Tough as nails, had half the crows backline shitting themselves with power driver tackles and massive hits.