Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

SCOOP said:
Made Lever accountable. That’s job done.

What a story, what a turnaround. Enjoy it lad.
Sure did. Lever poked the bear at the end of the first quarter when got into Townsend after smothering his shot on goal. After that point Townsend was on a mission. That tackle in the second quarter was the start of it.

Couldn't stand him 12 months ago. But his last month was unbelievably good.
Dosent miss..tackles like a tiger and stops damaging defenders.
Great game in the GF too

turk-d-tiger said:
Tackle on Crouch was Hard , Really Hard

Would have liked him to crunch Lever

I watched Towner closely for the last 2 quarters.
He was niggling Lever every chance he could - slapping,elbowing, pushing bumping so much the umpire had a word to him at one stage.
I think he unsettled Lever.
I love Towner"s toughness!

Prestia's goal in the last quarter (via Lambert's run) was because of Townsend's aggression. He competed in the air, fell to the ground, and when the ball went to Sloane it was Townsend who jumped straight up and tackled, causing the turnover. Brilliant play that typified the day.

If Lever had his time again, he wouldn't have instigated that push and shove after the quarter time siren. Towny seemed to really lift his aggression from that point on.

Jumping Jack said:
If Lever had his time again, he wouldn't have instigated that push and shove after the quarter time siren. Towny seemed to really lift his aggression from that point on.

I reckon if Lever had his time again, he would do the same thing.

He's a very good football player Lever, but as dumb as a sock.

I could watch that tackle on matt crouch on a loop.
Faux tough guy brother, brad, trying in vain to wrestle the manic disco off of him was priceless.

He is a seriously good mark. Took a couple of important beauties in the GF.

Can't believe how good he has become.
Spent the entire year in the 2nds, but when he got his chance he has been unbelievable

how good was the quarter time break, with BT banging on about lever and his mitts. if lever starts throwing them then there will be people running for cover.
so funny BT :spin
cos it wasnt true :)

Letsroar said:
32 kicks 16 goals in 5 games. When given defensive roles. Unfashionable yes but effective. Just what September calls for
He's been an exceptional set shot for goal. Highly effective.

The Lever Hyper ventilation during the anthem was a laugh , try hard tough guy

Didnt anybody tell him who Jacob Townsend was

Was comparing Towner to Treloar. They left GWS at the same time. Treloar chose where he wanted to go and was well paid for the privilege. Towner was effectively thrown out by GWS and while we paid him, he wouldn't have been on the sort of coin that Adam is. 2 years down the track, Adam has played in 0 finals and Townsend has played in 3, one of them being a winning Grand Final.

CarnTheTiges said:
Was comparing Towner to Treloar. They left GWS at the same time. Treloar chose where he wanted to go and was well paid for the privilege. Towner was effectively thrown out by GWS and while we paid him, he wouldn't have been on the sort of coin that Adam is. 2 years down the track, Adam has played in 0 finals and Townsend has played in 3, one of them being a winning Grand Final.
How sweet it is that Treloar will end up another Buckley. Picking a certain team thinking he will win a premiership with them!! Go Tiges!

As great as he has been, and he really has been excellent. I can't help but think he will find it tough to get a gig next yr. We need to find spots for Bolton and we may have another tall fwd that we want to play for structure...

He will never have a higher trade value than now as cruel as that sounds..