Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

lukeanddad said:
I'd be really concerned if we try to beat them up. We are playing great, aggressive footy, with the likes of Grimes, Cotch, Dusty, Towner and Caddy hitting packs hard. I'd hate to change that - it is more likely to hurt us than them.
Yep. Head down, arse up, nose over the pill n full throttle at the contest. Bring the finals basics all day n we'll win the flag. If we let the Crow baits get time n space they'll open us up from *smile* to breakfast time.

lukeanddad said:
I'd be really concerned if we try to beat them up. We are playing great, aggressive footy, with the likes of Grimes, Cotch, Dusty, Towner and Caddy hitting packs hard. I'd hate to change that - it is more likely to hurt us than them.

Yep history is littered with teams who go the man being beaten.

If we continue with our relentless attack and toughness at the contested ball that we've shown this finals series we can do it!

I get the feeling it's going to be a very physical tuff game also but we seem to have a real hard edge to us now.

I get the feeling the plan for our small forwards is to crunch them as hard as possible every chance they get to try and deter them from chasing.

Whoever plays the ball wins.

This kid is something :) makes me so happy he is doing well. Especially about him looking into his carpentry thinking it was probably all over. Good on ya mate!

His tackles have been good but hes got to be t he slowest "mid sized forward" since Caddy.

I believe he was the one that turned it around.

His tackle on the boundary line changed things.

His goal lifted them.

Big second half for the kid.

Is it too much to say that the emergence of Graham and Townsend so late in the season - finished our side off - completed it.

Their addition won us the flag - gave us a hardness, balance and lifted our overall capability. These two impacted every single game in the five they played. Massive.

Yeah, they were massive. Came in knowing that they had to match the ferocity of the mossie fleet to keep their spots. But with their bigger harder bodies they added a new hardness to the team as a whole. These two really hurt people.

he turn the game for us in the second quarter

huge

so proud

Mr September ...........................he here

love his game

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss