Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

I agree.

Plays on Lever. Got to make him accountable. Can't have him taking intercept narks at will.

If he gets some goals early on will make Adelaide respect him more cause I'm sure he will be paid much respect.

He is an accurate kick and has to make them pay at every opportunity.

NSW what is your vibe?
How is your travelling & thinking ?
Does he gave 2-3 goals in him. ?
Can he do another Henderson type job on Lever?

Lever - Townsend
Talia - Jack
Laird - Castagna
Brown - Butler
Hartigan - Edawrds
Seedsman - Rioli

How the hell are they going to keep up with these mosquito's , The only players that look like equal pace are jack/talia & Lever/Tonsend

whilst a tad slower he just never gives up, in the first min of the last he was sprawled on the ground and won a ball he should not have. He may only get 6 touches but his pressure and hardness inside 50 is priceless.

When ball goes to ground inside our 50 I have a huge level of expectation a tiger is about to pounce. Not just by handball and kick, we are tapping, guiding, almost moving it scrum wise to get the ball out and let a Butler, Caddy, George to have a snap on goal.

I reckon Towner will borderline kill someone on Sat. Hope it's not one of our players. ;D

No one knows much about him or Graham.

Not sure if this still happens ,

But wouldn't be surprised if he is given the green light to go in extra hard , and we will deal with the tribunal later , if it comes to that

I think not only will Towner be given this licence to 'kill' but I expect quite a few others too.

I expect it to be a tough , brutal game.

Reports will occur.

UKTiger said:
Right now Townsend has more upside than downside. Can kick goals reliably and keep opponents quiet yet some have suggested replacing him with Hampson for the GF.

No chance that happens. Townsend is vital to shut down Lever.

Townsend to lever

after lever becomes non-functional ...................then to the rest of their so-called backline

he is primed

MR September is here ..ready to go

watch his first contest!!!

he will set the tone!!

his pressure points/act are outstanding this final series

Norm Smith!!!

Love to see Towner hit them hard and cause pain.
That's the Tigers of old way .
That's why we were hated.
Bring it on.

I'd be really concerned if we try to beat them up. We are playing great, aggressive footy, with the likes of Grimes, Cotch, Dusty, Towner and Caddy hitting packs hard. I'd hate to change that - it is more likely to hurt us than them.