Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Brettstigers said:
Loved how sheepish Hardwick looked when asked why he hadn't picked him before. Why - because no-one expected him to do more than crash-tackle-grunt whichever opponent happened to be in front of him.

Remember when Caddy kicked four (cos they were handed to him in the goal square) but missed all four set shots - which weren't gimmie's I'll grant you.

Assuming Townsend can kick straight again then even if he only gets a couple of goals we're actually in front. Can't afford to move him out. A defensive forward who will kick four goals if he gets four kicks is a bloody unnerving proposition for an opposition backline.

At worse he can go the knuckle and KO Taylor and Dangerfield

If a defensive forward kicks eleven goals in two games we should stop him defending and let him kick eleven in a game. Or twenty. Why not a hundred?

Dyer'ere said:
If a defensive forward kicks eleven goals in two games we should stop him defending and let him kick eleven in a game. Or twenty. Why not a hundred?

It's important to our game plan that we don't win by ten. Goals

Think other clubs will copy us and play mediums as second tall forwards that can apply defensive pressure and not allow intercept marks

SkillzThatKillz said:
Trade bait. If he continues his finals form he is worth a 1st round pick.

Youre joking. Who we going to replace Mr September with the Very vibrant Lennon?

He is a very good player and has had to work very hard to get a spot in the team. He is composed and hard at every contest. His rise is probably the reason why Lennon gets overlooked yet again

Hardwick said today 'And we've found a second key forward in Jacob Townsend at the moment. He's been incredible.' NSW's man stays.

Jake is to our finals campaign, what the Iklwa was to Shaka Zulu.

He's revolutionary, versatile and unpredictable

If he doesnt kick goals, or draw a key back, he can break someone in half.

he could do all three.

He could be a homecoming hero in 40 years

easy said:
Jake is to our finals campaign, what the Iklwa was to Shaka Zulu.

He's revolutionary, versatile and unpredictable

If he doesnt kick goals, or draw a key back, he can break someone in half.

he could do all three.

He could be a homecoming hero in 40 years
Could be? will be!

I wonder with Caddy coming back does Dimma pull a swifty and play JT as a Selwood tag?

Wouldn't suprise me if Dimma throws down the challenge to Caddy and says - You want midfield , This is your chance danger is yours head to head

Danger & Selwood must be tagged

More likely to use Lambert in a run-with scenario IMO. Cotchin or even Grigg could put some extra defensive work into one of them if needed too.
No use messing with Royce Townsend's mojo.