Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Very quiet game but made most of his opportunities. Opposition paying more attention means others can get off the leash so great for balance.

I thought he did very well keeping Henderson honest who was just about BOG last time we played them.

played his role for the team again

2 goals

and does the inside hard stuff

Mr. September is here

lets Jack and the small forwards do their stuff

he does the hard inside finals stuff ......

quality

shad said:
Ripping bump in the backline. Really rattled some poor bloke.

Saw it. Was fantastic. If he can do that in forward 50 it should create even more room for the mozzies to get through

13 goals in three weeks is pretty good.

and yeah, he unleashed a burst of fire and fury on a couple of blokes.

hard game to be a fwd but he really did some tuff stuff on henderson and pushed his way around to create space and block

Not a high disposal game but a pass

The 2 goals are one thing but Henderson, who Towner clearly had yet another role on, only had 3 marks for the night & Jacob harassed the *smile* out of him.
This strategy is working to perfection.

Stewie Maxfield reincarnated. Loved him from the start glad the rest of you malingering doubters have joined me and NSW on the train to J_Town. All aboard!

Tigers of Old said:
The 2 goals are one thing but Henderson, who Towner clearly had yet another role on, only had 3 marks for the night & Jacob harassed the sh!t out of him.

Really 2 marks, he dropped the one of wing

Tigers of Old said:
The 2 goals are one thing but Henderson, who Towner clearly had yet another role on, only had 3 marks for the night & Jacob harassed the sh!t out of him.

Yep. A critical role in shutting down one of their key interceptors. Well done J-Town

At the game u could see his value. Slamming into Henderson and lonergan. No stats for that. But his body work was a thing of beauty. Caddy got off the chain a bit too.

He didn't get much of the ball but he was critical in stopping Henderson intercept mark and getting the ball to ground for our mozzies. Well done Towner.

That game was of more value than the games where he's kicked 5 and 6 goals IMO so don't expect Townsend to be out of the side any time soon.

Expect a massive September from Josh Caddy now that Townsend is negating the opposition's best intercept mark.

Tigers of Old said:

Agree. I mentioned before the game the possessions that Lonergan, Henderson and Kolojashdnij for at their dump, 59 between them. Towner was a big part of restricting them and their ability to use their height to turnover the ball. Was massive for keeping the ball in play offensively for longer.

tha8ball said:
At the game u could see his value. Slamming into Henderson and lonergan. No stats for that. But his body work was a thing of beauty. Caddy got off the chain a bit too.
We learnt from what Port tried to do with Rance.

Townsend has done this three weeks running.

Henderson had 3 marks. Job done.